AGPCPQ.SYs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys i'm not brilliant on computers and I need help.

I have just bought a new graphics card to play Battlefield 2. Its a Radeon X1300 256mb AGP card.

When i put the card in and boot up the screen just goes black. I can still get into the Setup by hitting F2 but as soon as i exit the black screen is back.

I am runnning Windows XP SP2 on Intel Celron 2.8 with 1gb of ram. If i take the card out everything is fine again. A friend of mine showed me that the loading freezes at AGPCPQ.sys. Has anyone got any ideas what is going on?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Similar threads i've seen seem to be talking about notebooks and the suggestions dont work for me.

Thanks

Paul

I know its secretly laughing at me!

Sounds sto me like you do not have your Mainboards Agp driver installed.

Did you uninstall your previous card properly?

Hit F5 or F8 at startup and start in safemode (Use VGA MODE if option is there) reinstall your Mainboards Graphics controller driver. restart normally. then install your card. if you still get black screen at startup try safe mode again to install your new card.

No need to uninstall onboards graphics driver. Do you know how to set the bios for primary graphics adapter?

because you need to set the primary graphics adapter option to AGP and set the apperture size to 256mb and set the agp multiplier to 2x 4x or 8x to match the specs of your graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back