Alice in wonderland - Got money & dont know how to spend it

Status
Not open for further replies.

boostedf22

So I said to myself, I am going to get a decent gaming comp. So I browse around and check on prices. I am guessing cost is average around 600.00 bux. I would like to spend about 500.00 smackers on a decent gaming comp. I have tried upgrading the 2 systems I have now, and neither one is worth 2 cents kicked in a bucket. So I come to the pros.

Now when I look at all the pretty colorful boxes and gizmo's and gadgets I get a little confused on what I am actually buying. I could care less on what the tower looks like I am just seeking performance. But on a budget. Dont take me as a complete fool, as I could build it myself with a lil know how from Mr. Google. But just having to plug it in and push a button would suit me just fine.

So I ask

I searched ebay and see alot of these guys.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280324491547
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230332934726

Could this handle todays high graphic video games ?

Whats the best bang for the buck ?

Thanks in advance,
Jayman

Ugh, I hate it when people don't give it enough time. Wait until Rage or someone comes through and sees your problem, or PM Rage_3k_Moiz I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered, but we at Techspot DO have lives ya know. ;)

Most will probably recommend that you would probably be better off building your own anyways, but we'll see.

Also, the both computers have a lower end graphics card, so they may run the games, but not very well. i'm

I'm not an expert on low end gaming machines so keep that in mind. The 9400 GT is a low end graphics card, not a gaming card by itself, but I don't know how well they would do in SLI but it's not twice as good as one. It would be better if you were to take the same money and put it into one good card.

The PC featured in the link does not come with an optical drive if I read it right. If so, you will have to add one or you will not be able to install any games. Make it a DVD drive since some games now come on DVDs. You will also have to add an operating system unless you plan to install that yourself. With the optical drive and OS added, it comes to $666. A lot more than what you budgeted for, I think.

The 500W Okia power supply is a real low end PSU and not one that I would use for a gaming rig, even a low end one. They also cut corners by installing lower speed generic (no brand) PC5300 DDR2 667 RAM instead of PC 6400 DDR2 800 that is supported by the motherboard. You might not notice the speed difference though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back