All around help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awhile back I posted on here about a new system I had just bought and was curios if it was an upgrade to my current rig. It was the ibuypower 528 from newegg.( I can't post links yet or I would.)

Anyway, I found out it had the 4670 video card but of course, it came with the ddr2 version. Long story short, I ended up putting in a 5770. The first one I bought from newegg was a bad card and I returned it and ordered a second one. After I ordered the second one, I found one on sale at amazon for cheaper. I called newegg, canceled it and got the One from amazon. Well, newegg cancelled the order, but sent me a new card anyway. So, now I have 2. Here is where the question lies. I am pretty new to all of this so bare with me.

My board doesnt support crossfire so I can't use the second one correct? I have the asus M3 A78. If I wanted to find a way to use the second one, what would all of this entail? New board? New power supply? Processor?

In short, what should I do with it besides return it? I can figure that part out for myself.

The power supply is a cheap sunbeam 680 watt pos with Only one 6 pin connector but I though I heard about convertors or something? Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

My board doesnt support crossfire so I can't use the second one correct? I have the asus M3 A78. If I wanted to find a way to use the second one, what would all of this entail? New board? New power supply? Processor? .

Correct
Yes
Yes
No-unless you want to upgrade the CPU

In short, what should I do with it besides return it?

The answer lies in your question itself. :) New mobo + PSU = CrossFire. :D

Look to get something like a Corsair 650TX / 750TX and a decent motherboard that supports your processor and CF.

Thanks guys. I really want to but it just seems so stupid to buy a new computer and within a month replace every part it came with except the processor. I just really didn't imagine needing or wanting any more performance than it gives me currently.

Thanks guys. I really want to but it just seems so stupid to buy a new computer and within a month replace every part it came with except the processor. I just really didn't imagine needing or wanting any more performance than it gives me currently.

WTF are you on?
You get a free graphics card due to some cog's fck up then get weepy because you can't use it in a system build that hadn't taken a freebie into account...Here's an idea, why not order a Crosshair Formula board and cancel the order- maybe they'll send it out anyway...who say's lightning can't strike twice.

Just pointing out the seemingly contradictory nature of your 2 posts
My board doesnt support crossfire so I can't use the second one correct?
Implied that you're aware of the fact that the card is unusable with the present system
If I wanted to find a way to use the second one, what would all of this entail? New board? New power supply? Processor?
Implies that that you at least strongly suspect (if not know) that a system upgrade would be needed
I really want to but it just seems so stupid to buy a new computer and within a month replace every part it came with except the processor. I just really didn't imagine needing or wanting any more performance than it gives me currently.
You'd like to upgrade...but you don't need to.
My apologies is my inference is incorrect. I'm used to people posting regarding updating a system and ending with either deferring because of budget, modifying through the input of others, or updating with their original plan after receiving validation from the forum.

Well, you are not way off base by any stretch. I think what I was hoping is that somebody would have some sort of miracle answer where I could use a toothpick and a stick of gum to slap it all together, even though I kind of new it wasn't going to happen.

I was just struck by such a sarcastic response for what I consider no apparent reason.

I think what I will do now that I took a day or two to think about it is return the one from amazon and that way I will be on a free roll for a new graphics card. If they figure it out one day, I will pay. If not, freebie for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back