Alright this is OLD but its a MUST SEE

SNGX1275

Ok I'm attaching... If this works, an .exe. I swear on Techspot that this thing is virus free. Many of you have seen it before but many of you have not. What it is is a little 64k program that will make you say 'Oh my God' or whatever that translates into your language/religion. Anyway you will be impressed. I was talking to WhackZero on AIM tonight and he hadn't seen it so it inspired me to post it here.
Now here is what I ask if you dl it:
1. Comment on it - it deserves a comment at least.
2. Do not attempt on anything less than a TNT2. My Classic GF2MX struggles unless I get the drivers just right (which I finally have).
3. I cannot stress this enough DO NOT PRESS ESCAPE WHEN THEY SAY TOO. I REPEAT DO NOT PRESS ESCAPE WHEN THEY SAY TO . I TOLD WHACKZERO NOT TO DO THIS AND HE STILL DID, AS WELL AS MANY OTHER PEOPLE. THE PROGRAM WILL CLOSE WHEN ITS DONE.
4. Do not open it unless you have 15 minutes to spare in amazement.
5. Techspot does not allow attachments as executables, so I changed the extention to .txt. Obviously this will not run as that, so change it back to .exe

Attachments

• fr-08.txt
    63.5 KB · Views: 36
That one is actually quite old, around 2 years...

This is the new(est) release from Farb Rausch.

fr-019

Here is the old one: fr-018

If memory preserves me right there is a whole site somewhere dedicated to cool demos such as this, and it has been discussed on Techspot some time ago

Attachments

• fr-019-final.zip
    63.2 KB · Views: 1
  • fr08_final.zip
    63.5 KB · Views: 0
Awesome Per - yes I forgot to mention how old it was - I said it was "old" but I didn't put a year on it, the credits show though.

I haven't been able to come across any new ones though, haven't really looked either, thanks on the new ones though I'll check them out, but since my gf2mx had a hard time with the 2k one I dunno if I can do the newer ones.

There used to be Tranzmit on Demonews servers - but they had to come down since they couldn't afford the bandwidth. At one point I had 3 CDs full of stuff like this - but I can't seem to find them in the midst of all my other software. If I find them I will post links to the ones I thought were amazing. One that stands out in my memory is called VIP2 by Poppyseed or Popyseed (don't remember for sure) and if I find that one I'll be sure to post it.

LNCPapa

WOW!!!

I remember seeing an old version of this a couple of years back and it impressed me then.

I had a look in task manager when this thing is running at it seems to have grown from 65K to around 45M, thats some compression ratio by any standards.

It seems like the 'exe' is an application builder (of sorts) and modifies itself in real-time, using various mathematical algorithms, when it runs. Its not the 65K 'exe' that is generating the display but the application it morphs itself into. This probably explains the strange shapes that are seen in the 'movie' and why it is so jerky when running. Impressive none the less.

If the demo is "jerky", your CPU or gfx card is probably too slow for it, at least I didn't have any problems when I tried these.

It ran great on mine too. If you go to the site Per has linked, it explains a little how it was done and the demo that LCNPapa talked about is there too, it's by Popsy Team. It's at the end of the year 2000 list.

WOW that was incredible, all I could do was just sit here in awe. Amazing compression, I would never have dreamed about fitting all that into a 64k file. - Just can't get over it, where did you find this SNGX?

That was absolutely amazing.

Oh, and it ran extremely well on my Voodoo 5 5500 - Didn't skip or slowdown once, even in XP.

Very beautiful.

Ye - I remember that... To think of all this BLOATware we get now, and then think of this, all in 64k... Quite a feat...

That new one's cool too - I havn't seen that one before. I still prefer the old one though...

Originally posted by Nic
Its not the 65K 'exe' that is generating the display but the application it morphs itself into. This probably explains the strange shapes that are seen in the 'movie' and why it is so jerky when running.
Yeh if its jerky and you have better than a TNT2 then its probably driver related. I've seen it run nicely on a TNT2 32meg card. It ran bad on mine once before but I played around with drivers and got it so the whole thing played smooth.

Hey Per...(and anyone else intrested)

There are two newer ones out: Fr-022 (48k) & Fr-029 (65k)

Not bad... Although the last one needs 3D glasses to see the full effect... Pity i havn't got any. :-(

http://www.monostep.org/
Click on "GROUP" by DEMOS SORTED BY...
Then scroll down to Farbrausch...

Happy viewing...

P.S. Maybe Per wouldn't mind hosting these too???

Check out some the other demos on that site you just posted Rusty. There's some real wow stuff there. :eek:

Try this one for instance ...

noc-hack - 41K

these are pretty common things around europe.

farb rausch is (IMO) the best group out there. as someone already mentioned www.monostep.org is an awesome site
www.scene.org if you like this stuff too.

i also recommend "And - Squish" because I think it's the only thing around better than what farb rausch does.

Heh I've posted this on 2 forums, both forums I acknowledged that the stuff I posted was 3 years old. Yet both forums continue to post how old this $h** is. Well thats fantastic so you found out that what I said was old was in fact old. Great grab a cookie. Man you guys....... anyway I never meant for this to be some technological breakthrough of a post. But apparently most people thought it was necessary to say how they knew about this a long time ago (well guess what look at what I originally posted).

I POSTED THIS FOR US TO ENJOY NOT FOR US TO DEBATE WHO FOUND IT FIRST, THIS TYPE OF STUFF IS TRULY AMAZING. THE 2000 DEMO WAS AMAZING THEN, ITS AMAZING NOW. No need to try and claim "I found it first", just enjoy it. Jeez.

WOW! Makes me wish I was back in highschool doing those things I should'nt be doing,(If you know what I mean). The guy would make a ton of money as a game maker,Id buy.

SNG, I wouldn't worry too much about those comments, as most users aren't reading all the posts properly anyway. Just shows how much interest you generated, and thats good. :)

exactly - you shoud read a post before you reply with your opinion. otherwise it just become a huge cluster fark. and no one really knows where to go.
Point being READ a post you respond to before you respond to it. You won't regret it. And who knows, maybe you will say something intellegent.

Back