Altec lansing spker trouble/wind 2000 professional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone please help me? i got a new pc running windows 2000 professional. now my altek lansing speakers wont work on it and i love these speakers. pc asks me for cmuda.sys which is like greek to me. contacted microsoft and the speaker co. and they say i need a patch. is cmuda.sys a patch? if it is how do i get it? any help greatly appreciated. tyvm Bluemarinemamal

looks like a driver issue,

cmuda.sys is the C-Media WDM Audio Interface, for the C-Media AC97 on-board sound cards.

have you lately checked or downloaded your latest sound driver? compatible
for your OS ? ;)

and what is your motherboard model? do you use any other PCI sound card?

This is often a driver problem , rather than a patch, due to the fact that you are using Windows 2000... there was a time when nobody produced the correct drivers for AC'97 Windows 2000. There are plenty that will work with a little experimentation... For the Intel motherboard, you can find them at Intel. Otherwise, you will find them with experimentation in one of the RealTek or VIA installs. You can find a lot more info by doing a Gurgle search for AC'97 drivers... Read through that stuff in thos listings... for Windows 2000 drivers instead of Windows XP.

responses to speaker troubles win 2000 pro.

Thank you very much for your advice. Seems like I need to look into some drivers for my pc. I'm off to do that rt now. Ty again for your time and assistance, Bluemarinemamal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back