BSOD BugCheck 27 "probably caused by : rdbss.sys"

Hi folks

I'm having real trouble fixing a BSOD and was hoping somebody might be able to help. The BSOD is intermitent - it can happen while the PC is in use, or while there has been no activity at the PC for several hours. This PC runs Windows 7 x86 24/7, running the same set apps all day, and is locked down so that the end user cannot make changes. It appears to me that the only common thing about each crash is the bugcheck number, and that when the minidump is interogated it always points to the c:\windows\system32\drivers\rdbss.sys file.

I have tried applying a patch recently (http://support.microsoft.com/kb.2254637) which updates the rdbss.sys file to a newer version. Although this KB is not intended to fix my error, I'd hoped the newer version might help. It has not. I have today just updated the network card drivers on the Dell OptiPlex 790 PC to the latest versions from the Dell website, hoping this may help (rdbss.sys is a network related system driver - fairly loose connection the the PC's nic's, but I'm at a loss).

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated. The problem is not (IMO) hardware related, since I have put the exact same image onto several PC's with the same results). I've attached a recent minidump file.

Many thanks in advance
Ross

Attachments

• 081212-14398-01.zip
    23.3 KB · Views: 1
RDBSS.sys "Redirected Drive Buffering SubSystem Driver" and you have several other rather obscure driver errors noted in the minidump. The image may be corrupt

Back