Amazon confirms Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti price and (this week's) launch date

midian182

Staff member
Highly anticipated: While we’ve seen repeated leaks regarding the RTX 3060 Ti and its release date, many of the sources haven’t exactly been reliable. But the latest reveal comes from Amazon UK and is backed by one of the country’s largest tech retailers, both of which confirm the long-rumored December 2 release date.

Follow up: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Review: Ampere at $400 Beats Everything Else

With photos and benchmarks of the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti flooding the internet over the last few weeks, the launch of the card, still not confirmed by Nvidia, seemed inevitable.

Now, Amazon UK is listing the MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 2X OC for pre-order with a release date of December 2. It corroborates reports that the card features 8GB of GDDR6 memory and a memory clock speed of 1400 MHz.

MSI’s RTX 3060 Ti is selling on Amazon for £490.18, which works out at around $655. It’s important to note that tech goods in the UK cost much more than their US counterparts, mostly because of the extra tax. UK retailer Scan, meanwhile, lists the Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Eagle 8GB with a December 2 launch date, though there’s no price right now.

Tom’s Hardware notes that MSI’s RTX 3060 Ti is for sale for between €550 ($655) and €685 ($816) in several European countries, while versions of the card from Gigabyte, Inno3D, and Zotac are listed in Estonia, Latvia, and Spain for €484 ($576) and €592 ($705).

Those are all very expensive, even taking into consideration the difference in overseas prices, but we still haven’t had confirmation of the MSRP, which is rumored to be between $349 and $399. It could just be that these third-party cards cost more, especially as this will likely be another tech product with low availability at launch.

Earlier this week, the RTX 3060 Ti appeared in the Ashes of the Singularity database, beating all Turing offerings bar the RTX 2080 Super. We've also seen numerous images of the card leak online.

Permalink to story.

I've a feeling that these cards will see MUCH more availability - especially at these eye-watering prices.
Given that Nvidia are strangely silent about this mainstream product.
The flak that AMD got for their pricing structure on the 68xx series will pale into insignificance
if these are indeed the pricing levels of the 3060ti.

MSI’s RTX 3060 Ti is selling on Amazon for £490.18
Na, they can't launch at that price when a founders edition 3070 is £470. No way, Scan will be the one to watch for real pricing.

But if it legit does launch above the 3070 pricing, the world's truly gone mad.

2060's are still available all over the place and rarely for less than 400 so what were people expecting here? This hobby is getting more expensive and that was always going to happen.

That would mean don't buy these video cards.
It's true. We're the ones being trolled. We're being trolled by nVidia, AMD, EVGA, Zotac, Sapphire, XFX, Powercolor, ASUS, ASRock, Gigabyte and MSi.

There's literally nowhere to turn and we know for sure that Intel won't be any better so.... yeah.

I'm actually pretty pleased with what I have right now. I upgraded my 1070 last winter to a 5700xt because I got a new 1440p monitor, and my intention was always to wait for either second generation ray tracing from Nvidia or for big navi and wait for the dust to settle and sales before I got the card I really wanted to take advantage of the 144hz my monitor can do. I got the 5700xt for a little over$350.

The inflated prices are stemming from another cryptomining induced shortage...there are already reports that this might indeed be history repeating itself (remember when you couldn't even buy ANY decent GPU because of the cryptomining goldrush a few years ago?). A new cryptocurrency revision will require a lot of cryptominers to upgrade their GPUs next month, and word is a big reason the 3000 series sold out so fast is unexpected demand from crypto miners. Nvidia already cited increased crypto mining demand in it's last quarterly report. Cryptocurrency is already approaching its previous highs, so the frenzy is starting again. Bitcoin reached 19k at it apex of the last cryptomining madness in 2017...today it has climbed back up to 17.5k...coincidence?

How come nobody's talking about this huge elephant in the room?!?

Last edited:
Starting to lose interest in video card coverage. Let us know when there are units for sale and I'll check back in then. It's Nividia's prerogative to ship when it wants, to who it wants, but I don't appreciate being trolled for my attention to non-existent products, to being misled about actual expected prices of the partner units that may one day actually be on shelves, to being asked to frequently check inventory and spam F5, and not being given the decency of a simple sign up sheet to receive inventory once it is my turn. We're already 70 days past the alleged launch of the 3080; increasingly I'm feeling like it will already be time to wait for the next iteration by the time these units actually ship. While I know they have the press over the barrel in that breathless coverage of the fake launches generally gets clicks, I hope the press will find a way to hold them accountable and keep their poor treatment of their customers in the foreground. At some point somebody should just stop returning their calls.

It’s alright.
But honestly, who would have thought this launch is going to be such a mess.
I prepared to pay a little extra 10-15% for being an early adopter but I am not prepared for over double the msrp (regarding 3070 in Hungary).

Nvidia and AMD have almost no available chips as the production is still insignificant (or not effective) and AMD still is feeding Microsoft and Sony (consoles). The issue is that a lot of people, whatever the price is, they buy the new generations, with that in mind, they are just overpriced and the few ones available in 2020, will sell out even with a premium (25-30%) above price.

Unless you are one of those people who has a crazy "need" (madness) for games/ graphics, you will be better off waiting for 2021 (March) and even get a higher model for the same price. On my country I already see people selling the 2070 Super for 250€, so I think all 30x0 will have the price reduced just in 3 months. And as most games run just fine at 1440p or even 4K on most 1080 Ti, 2070 (S), I think spending such a premium for a new card is just bad business.

Nvidia and AMD have almost no available chips as the production is still insignificant (or not effective) and AMD still is feeding Microsoft and Sony (consoles). The issue is that a lot of people, whatever the price is, they buy the new generations, with that in mind, they are just overpriced and the few ones available in 2020, will sell out even with a premium (25-30%) above price.

Unless you are one of those people who has a crazy "need" (madness) for games/ graphics, you will be better off waiting for 2021 (March) and even get a higher model for the same price. On my country I already see people selling the 2070 Super for 250€, so I think all 30x0 will have the price reduced just in 3 months. And as most games run just fine at 1440p or even 4K on most 1080 Ti, 2070 (S), I think spending such a premium for a new card is just bad business.
See you in 3 months or even 12 months from now when the prices will be the same or even higher. :)

I share the sentiment of most comments here.

Even midrange graphics cards are becoming genuine luxury items that not many can afford. If this keeps up I wonder how it might end up impacting the PC video games industry and game development decisions long term. It might further push for graphics quality stagnation as in the following years developers might end up having a much larger userbase with old or midrange and low end cards.

The inflated prices are stemming from another cryptomining induced shortage...there are already reports that this might indeed be history repeating itself (remember when you couldn't even buy ANY decent GPU because of the cryptomining goldrush a few years ago?). A new cryptocurrency revision will require a lot of cryptominers to upgrade their GPUs next month, and word is a big reason the 3000 series sold out so fast is unexpected demand from crypto miners. Nvidia already cited increased crypto mining demand in it's last quarterly report. Cryptocurrency is already approaching its previous highs, so the frenzy is starting again. Bitcoin reached 19k at it apex of the last cryptomining madness in 2017...today it has climbed back up to 17.5k...coincidence?

How come nobody's talking about this huge elephant in the room?!?
It's because I don't think that's what's happening. The last time there was a mining craze, the tech press was all over it, not so much now. The mining crash that came after it wiped a lot of people out. Those that are left aren't stupid enough to go all-in like the people who went bust did. I believe that AMD's shortages are a result of TSMC's manufacturing capacity being exceeded by demand for Ryzen and Radeon while nVidia's shortages are a result of Samsung's substandard quality silicon. Bots and scalpers are also making themselves felt in a way that we've never seen before.

Last edited:
Back