Amd athlon 1.3ghz???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering... but why would you possibly want such a very old chip as a 1.3 T-Bird?? They can probably found on ebay... but WHY do you want it?

i just want to max out my guest computer. i tried ebay. and no luck. i need a non xp model. they have a 1.2 on ebay. but my guest computer came with a 900mhz athlon. so i want to max it out with a 1.3 so it would be like 400mhz faster instead of only 300 mhz. im putting 1gig of ram in it. it can take 1.5gb but i think its fine with 1gig for now.

I believe 1.4 was the fastest Thunderbird.. You can't find these anywhere because small quantities were made (AMD shifted to XP) and there are/were many people who want to max out their systems.

Are you sure you can't put an XP in your board? Even with a BIOS update?

most of the thunderbird mobos could not handle the later XP CPU upgrades.

If I remember correctly there were a few 1.6 ghz thunderbirds out there. very rare though.
in any case, older athlon cpus crop up on ebay from time to time. Be patient.

yeah my mombo cant support the xp series. im just gona go with the 1.2 since they got it on ebay. the 1.3's are there time to time. but i just wana get this upgrade over with. thanks for all your help.

Although I strongly discourage overclocking, it is a well-known fact that the thunderbirds were very overclockable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back