AMD ATI Radeon HD 5850 and 5870 launch in September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks nice! However my 4850 is working great at the moment, so I can safely wait for newer revisions (32nm GPU anyone? :p)

ah ok, so does that mean they are releasing the cards before everyone jumps on board with Win7 and DX11, or are they just launching the project? that article is a little on the vague side... as to be expected with information on any new hardware.

well supposedly, the retail consumer can begin purchasing the Dx11 5000 series in November, they have been showing off the cards at trade shows now for a couple of months...that is if this article is to be believed, but AMD has been saying that the DX cards will be availible in November for quite some time...so we will see

well that sounds good to me, just in time for Assassins Creed 2! :D november is usually an important month for gaming, so it makes sense that the 5000 series could make its debut then. what i want to know now is when they will launch the mobile GPUs... i've been on the fence with buying a laptop and now i wont be able to use DX11 if I buy one now. i guess i don't really need DX11 but it will have Win7 so it would be nice. too many decisions to make.

do you guys think the price of the 4850, and 4870 will go down alot??

like all GPUs, yes

HD5xxx series will be expensive initially, so no need to get rid of your HD4xxx card just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back