AMD Graphics Card/Computer Issues

Hey all,

new to this site and not sure if my problem is counted as a graphics card or computer issue in general, so here goes my story, I bought myself a new graphics card an AMD Radeon RX 580 a month ago to play mass effect Andromeda (worked great on that) but now I'm starting to notice some issues, first and foremost on World of Warcraft and Old Republic, it suffers badly like really bad frame rates, glitchy and slow movements (now I read up that WOW does take a lot out a computer due to online open world...but I was rather taken back being a new card and all) and in the Old Republic sometimes clouds and lines appear... and disappear not bad enough to notice but sometimes catches my attention in high mob areas. The final straw was in the assassin creed series 2 and 3 - massive lagging and glitching (especially in the start of no. 3... characters movements are jerky and sometimes slow...) and I also find that I cant play alot of the old games by old im talking from 2000 on wards....yet my old graphics card which was an AMD R9 390x tri-wing could play all these games with no issues...now they dont even start from steam. So can anyone help me please? specs -
Radeon Software Version - 17.7.2
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive
Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 580 Series
Memory Size - 8192 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1360 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)
System Memory - 24 GB
CPU Type - AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor

Your welcome. I really don't know what else to suggest. Surely there is a gammer here that will reply with suggestions.
Are you saying that your old graphics card stopped working? I'm sure you have reset the card. Wondering about your power supply?What kind a warranty does the card have?What make and model is your PC?

What resolution are you playing these games at? What graphic settings are you on? Mass Effect still plays fine? What else do you play that you can try out? I'm wondering if the CPU is bottle necking on CPU heavy games with the graphic settings you have set for the new card (as odd as it sounds).

I know I'm replying to an old thread, but what card did you have before? You may want to use a program (I think it's called ddu) to completely remove all graphics drivers on your system, then pick up the latest drivers from amd's website.

I had an RX 480 8gb and recently sold it for nearly 400 due to the miners. But I remember having a few issues but after the later drivers it ran well.

It may not even hurt if you still have issues to backup your data and do a clean reformat and reinstall of windows 10 just to clean everything out.

It may not even hurt if you still have issues to backup your data and do a clean reformat and reinstall of windows 10 just to clean everything out.

Nah just a uninstall of his old drivers from last year will do the trick.
https://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/N...eon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.11.2-Nov24.exe
Also use control panel add/remove programs to get rid of the old drivers do a quick reboot for the changes to take effect.
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-ar...Live-Edition-from-a-Windows-Based-System.aspx

Back