AMD Phenom II x6 or Intel Core i7

DjKraid

Hi!

So I have a little question, which one would you choose and why?

I'm building a new computer but I cant decide which one to use,
the price is the same so it's even harder to decide...I think I would
take the Phenom but which would You choose?

AMD Phenom II 1090T Black Edition (HDT90ZFBGRBOX)

or

Inte Core i7 930 (BX80601930)

I am an AMD convert and own the 1090T, so guess which way I recommend :).
If you are into overclocking, these things are great. Had mine running @ 4.5ghz and will run 4.0ghz 24/7 on 1.35 vcore.
It may depend on what motherboard, RAM etc costs are. i7 uses triple channel RAM so the costs will be more for that. Mobo's are generally more expensive for the i7 series too.

Hi DJ,

I'm going to say the i7 based on two things. You didn't mention if you had a budget, and since you're asking about these two cpu's I'll assume you know nothing extensive about overclocking.
They are both great cpu's. Beating out each other in different bench marks. I dont think you'll see any real world difference between the two.

#supersmashbrada - where do u get something like that from...? -I mean that I wouldn't know anything about OC:ing...

anyhow....

I believe I'll take the AMD. If i would take the intel all the other
parts would cost a god damn fortune...

thx for the replies and 4 ur help :)

since I got my x6 today I would back up red and go with amd. You've made the right decision :)

Compare 2 Prosessors

Hi The World; could anyone out there tell me the difference between the Intel i5 processor or the Amd 945 processor; which would you prefer for speed and performance

If you want a computer for just gaming for instance, I would say go for AMD mainly because games are not that CPU dominant as of yet, thus you save money getting better motherboard, video card, ram .ect.

If you want an all round processor for gaming and things like video editing, encoding .etc Intel i7 series is the way to go providing you dont have a low budget. The intel i7 series is hands down a better chip than the AMD counter parts, but depending on what you use it for you may not benefit from getting one.

I am personally only using my computer for gaming so I stick with AMD Processors and spend extra cash on better graphics cards.

the budget is 1-1.1k€ and I need a new case too...usually I use my old one but I don't have an " old one" anymore so...

Its a tough choice, and the price being the same doesn't help either, but I think I'd go with the AMD route personally, due to the extra 2 threads on its CPU.

I'm actually swaying towards to AMD for my next replacement CPU, but it'll likely be a bulldozer as I'm going to delay changing for another year now I've just replaced my current motherboard.

I think either CPU will be very good for you.

I would have to go with the i7, as I am a devout follower of Intel. Your processor really depends on your motherboard, as it will accept only on of them.

I would go with the AMD chipset. I have built both machines and the both behave very similar but the extra real cores would benefit in a few apps. I currently run the x4 955 and it has pulled its weight.

DJ, I made my statement based on the fact that we here at TS usually have to assume you don't know anything about overclocking before assuming that you do. That way I or anyone else wont get any nasty private messages about a bad recommendation because you found a post over at "input site here," showing how cpu A beat out cpu B because it was massively overclocked, meanwhile you're cpu B is in the mail coming to your door.

Anywho...like I said they beat each other out in different benchmarks. So if budget isnt an issue you could splurge on a good vga setup and w/o worrying if you made the "wrong," choice based on our silly little post.

Back