AMD's Radeon RX 6600 and RX 6600 XT reportedly launching on August 11 with improved availability

midian182

Staff member
Rumor mill: Given the slew of leaks and listings surrounding AMD’s Radeon RX 6600 XT and RX 6600 over the last few weeks, all signs point to an imminent launch. Now, a new report claims to have an exact date: August 11. It also states that there will be plenty of the cards in stock, helping mitigate the usual availability problems, hopefully.

According to Fudzilla’s sources, both the Radeon RX 6600 XT and the Radeon RX 6600 will arrive in just over three weeks. We got our first alleged look at the Navi 23-based RX 6600 XT back in May, and since then Gigabyte has listed six of the cards on the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) website, and PowerColor added both variants to its site. All of which suggests the cards are just around the corner.

While August 11 has been put forward as the launch date, there’s no word on any potential prices— though we could be looking at around a $350 MSRP for the RX 6600 XT, given that it’ll be going up against the RTX 3060. Whether you'll find it for that price remains to be seen.

The report adds that there will be plenty of custom versions of AMD’s products available from day one. That, combined with the fact that graphics card prices are moving closer to their MSRPs, paints an optimistic picture for those looking to upgrade.

Both RDNA 2 cards use the Navi 23 found in the Radeon Pro W6600/M and RX 6600M mobile card. The Radeon RX 6600 XT is said to use the full die, meaning it will have 2,048 Stream Processors, while the non-XT version is thought to have 1,792 Stream Processors. We’re also expecting 32MB Infinity Cache and 8GB of GDDR6 on a 128-bit bus.

According to reports, the RX 6600 XT will have clock speeds up to 2.9Ghz and low power consumption of around 100W.

AMD boss Lisa Su previously said a reference single-fan graphics card from the Radeon RX 6000 series, supposedly based on the Navi 23 GPU, would land in the first half of the year. That timeframe has now passed, so an announcement could arrive any day now.

Permalink to story.

"According to reports, the RX 6600 XT will have clock speeds up to 2.9Ghz and low power consumption of around 100W."

I believe it when I see the reviews, I can't see it personally, but it would be interesting if the chip can clock that high while staying within it's thermal limits.

The fact that this supposed "leak" also states "Don't worry about availability there's a lot of cards coming!" kinda make it feel like a Scooby Doo episode: Do they seriously expect us to act surprised when we remove the blanket from this "leaker" and it turns out it was AMD all along?

I don't get the "improved availability" part of the story. I only say that because right now there are hundreds and hundreds of AMD cards available online through Newegg or at MicroCenter stores, but no one is buying them because of the absolutely f'ing horrendous prices they are marked up at.

6700XT cards - priced at nearly a grand (if you're lucky you might find some closer to the $900 range).
3070 cards are priced between $700-800 at MC and 3070Ti cards are priced around $800-850 at MC. But these cards from Nvidia don't stay in stock long.

6800 cards are in the $1100+ range and the 6800XT cards are priced at $1300+
Nvidia 3080 cards are priced at $900-1000.

6900XT cards are priced at $2100+
Nvidia 3090 cards are priced at $1700+

Getting your hands on a Nvidia card isn't as hard as it used to be, so people are still waiting with their money and grabbing them since they come in much cheaper than AMD's equivalent cards. HelI, you can probably find some of the AMD cards on ebay at scalper prices, lower than when is offered at retail prices.

RTX 3060 cards are selling in the $300-400 range. If AMD's 6600XT can't come within spitting distance of the 3060 performance and it is priced over $300, they won't sell either.

I love the fact that AMD has come into the batter's box and is swinging with Nvidia, but these prices need to come down fast and hard so they are priced correctly along side Nvidia cards right now. AMD just isn't moving off the shelves due to the much higher prices and it's a shame. I would have loved to get a 6700XT if it was priced around that $500 mark it should be at, not the nearly $1000 they sell for now at retail.

Yet another paper launch by AMD.

Remember, Radeon 6k series cards are so scarse that they are nowhere to be found on Steam Survey even though they launched a year ago.
Yet another fool that bases their info off Steam's stupid survey. People have AMD cards, I know a few that use them and they play on Steam.

We don't know how Steam survey works. We don't know what info they give us, if it's factual or if it's just what they want us to see.

How about the last "news" story places were writing about that "Windows 7 is having a comeback" based off Steam Survey? What a load of $hit.

I don't get the "improved availability" part of the story. I only say that because right now there are hundreds and hundreds of AMD cards available online through Newegg or at MicroCenter stores, but no one is buying them because of the absolutely f'ing horrendous prices they are marked up at.

6700XT cards - priced at nearly a grand (if you're lucky you might find some closer to the $900 range).
3070 cards are priced between $700-800 at MC and 3070Ti cards are priced around $800-850 at MC. But these cards from Nvidia don't stay in stock long.

6800 cards are in the $1100+ range and the 6800XT cards are priced at $1300+
Nvidia 3080 cards are priced at $900-1000.

6900XT cards are priced at $2100+
Nvidia 3090 cards are priced at $1700+

Getting your hands on a Nvidia card isn't as hard as it used to be, so people are still waiting with their money and grabbing them since they come in much cheaper than AMD's equivalent cards. HelI, you can probably find some of the AMD cards on ebay at scalper prices, lower than when is offered at retail prices.

RTX 3060 cards are selling in the $300-400 range. If AMD's 6600XT can't come within spitting distance of the 3060 performance and it is priced over $300, they won't sell either.

I love the fact that AMD has come into the batter's box and is swinging with Nvidia, but these prices need to come down fast and hard so they are priced correctly along side Nvidia cards right now. AMD just isn't moving off the shelves due to the much higher prices and it's a shame. I would have loved to get a 6700XT if it was priced around that $500 mark it should be at, not the nearly $1000 they sell for now at retail.

Just checked Newegg - the cheapest 3060 card they show is $789 (there are two cheaper models but they show '$40 shipping", so China).
The cheapest 3070 is $1,049, again excluding 'cheaper' models that come with a $199.99 shipping charge.
The 3070 Ti is $ 1,099 and up, again excluding cards that ship from China.
The 6700XT starts at $ 909.99, so compared to the rest that's not too bad - relatively speaking.

Still all way too high prices for me, but maybe the fact that nVidia cards are selling out at these prices (if they are) but AMD cards aren't could show that AMD customers are less inclined to pay ridiculous prices than nVidia customers....

Yet another fool that bases their info off Steam's stupid survey. People have AMD cards, I know a few that use them and they play on Steam.

We don't know how Steam survey works. We don't know what info they give us, if it's factual or if it's just what they want us to see.

How about the last "news" story places were writing about that "Windows 7 is having a comeback" based off Steam Survey? What a load of $hit.

Yeah, I know too a few ppl who own Radeon 6k cards.

Linus Sebastian.
Jayz
Assorted Tech Journalists & Insiders.
The AMD PR guy who posts on Twitter.

That's all.

"It also states that there will be plenty of the cards in stock, helping mitigate the usual availability problems, hopefully."
Yeah, we'll see how this pans out. They could have all the cards in the world and it won't matter if the miners get their hands on them first.

Last edited:

Yet another internet denizen that screeches about how "steam survey bad" yet offers 0 information to the contrary other then "dude trust me".

Leets get to the point here: the rtx 3000 series has had a small and growign presence on steam for months now, despite availability issues. the rx 6000 series is nowhere to be found, and lines up with rumors from vendors that rx 6000 shipments are tiny compared to nvidias. Most prebuilts are using nvidia hardware, msot new builds you see on social media re using nvidia.

What does that point to?

Yet another paper launch by AMD.

Remember, Radeon 6k series cards are so scarse that they are nowhere to be found on Steam Survey even though they launched a year ago.
That doesn't necessarily mean that they're scarce, it could just mean that miners grabbed more of them than they did RTX 3xxx cards. It could mean that the Radeons are better at mining or that more gamers grabbed nVidia cards because that's what they've been using. Never underestimate the influence that the GTX 1060 had on the market.

Yet another internet denizen that screeches about how "steam survey bad" yet offers 0 information to the contrary other then "dude trust me".

Leets get to the point here: the rtx 3000 series has had a small and growign presence on steam for months now, despite availability issues. the rx 6000 series is nowhere to be found, and lines up with rumors from vendors that rx 6000 shipments are tiny compared to nvidias. Most prebuilts are using nvidia hardware, msot new builds you see on social media re using nvidia.

What does that point to?
To me, it points to several possibilities although to be fair, your guess is probably the most correct. Radeons had to share the TSMC 7nm with Ryzen and the consoles. Meanwhile, nVidia has complete access to Samsung's fab and while the yields are smaller, the reduction is probably nowhere near what AMD has had to deal with because of how thin TSMC's 7nm node has been stretched.

There is no English word to describe what has been going on. The closest is the German "Klausterfokken". :laughing:

The fact that this supposed "leak" also states "Don't worry about availability there's a lot of cards coming!" kinda make it feel like a Scooby Doo episode: Do they seriously expect us to act surprised when we remove the blanket from this "leaker" and it turns out it was AMD all along?
I personally think that it's nothing more than market-speak. Remember how gung-ho AMD was at the beginning of the RDNA2 launch? That turned out to be completely false.

Linus Sebastian.
Jayz

That's all.
As people say " I am a proud owner" of a RX6900 XT.

Got it at AMD.com at msrp two weeks ago.

Still waiting for the stupid Steam survey to pop up.

Just checked Newegg - the cheapest 3060 card they show is $789 (there are two cheaper models but they show '$40 shipping", so China).
The cheapest 3070 is $1,049, again excluding 'cheaper' models that come with a $199.99 shipping charge.
The 3070 Ti is $ 1,099 and up, again excluding cards that ship from China.
The 6700XT starts at $ 909.99, so compared to the rest that's not too bad - relatively speaking.

Still all way too high prices for me, but maybe the fact that nVidia cards are selling out at these prices (if they are) but AMD cards aren't could show that AMD customers are less inclined to pay ridiculous prices than nVidia customers....
Well, that's definitely one reason that Radeon owners are Radeon owners.

Linus Sebastian.
Jayz

That's all.
Don't forget Steve & Tim! :p

I haven't seen a Steam Survey for 6+ years. Last one that came up on my gaming system was just after I got a 980Ti.

My brother hasn't seen a Steam Survey since he purchased a 5700XT 2 years ago.

I know two guys with a 6800 and 6800XT, they haven't seen a survey. I have a few guys I game with on the weekends, two of them have new systems with 3080s and they haven't seen any survey, they've had the systems for 6+ months now.

But, I guess the Steam Survey is a great way to find information based on user hardware out there, according to people.

I personally think that it's nothing more than market-speak. Remember how gung-ho AMD was at the beginning of the RDNA2 launch? That turned out to be completely false.
That's the trick with just pushing "rumors" it gives them more plausible deniability than random employees just talking trash on twitter like before.

This is just as dishonest mind you, but smarter.

Well, considering what other cards are selling for, you may as well get the RX 6900XT at MSRP because you're paying pretty much the same price as a much weaker card on the open market. At least in this way, you got performance for your $1000. It still staggers me though, the idea of paying four figures to get a video card. I didn't even pay four figures for my R5-3600X, X570 motherboard and 16GB of DDR4-3200 combined!

I just hope for your sake that you were upgrading from something like an old R9 280X because I'd still be using my R9 Fury if I didn't get the deal I did on my RX 5700XT.

Last edited:
Back