"Analog output" Nvidia GeForce FX5200 fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanp

I returned from vacation and my computer screen was black with white letters: 1:Analog output. Cannot display this video mode.

I can see a screen in Safe Mode.

I have tried to update the device driver, to uninstall, reinstall, download new, to use original driver from Dell Resource Disk. Everything I can think of.

Three times I have run an operating system "repair" (using a Windows Home Edition with service pack 2 from Dell) I can get to the desktop but the display isn't right, so something continues to be wrong with the driver.

If I try to change the driver at that point, I end up back where I started. This has happened too many times already.

I am obviously trying to avoid reinstaling the operating system because I have tons of programs and files on the computer.

Thanks, in advance, for your suggestions. I'm at the end of my tether and, of course, working on deadlines.

restore to last known good driver.

It sounds like you had an update that wasn't good.
turn off install updates without your permission or just allow critical windows updates only - not hardware.

with hardware, the rule of thumb is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thanks but I did also try system restore and to restore to last good setting. Honestly I had to give up and take it to a local shop. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back