ANNOYING mouse problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

subzer0

I am extremely stumped. I've been having this mouse problem for a long time even after I reformatted: When my memory usage is high, or when I play a game, my mouse begins to freeze for 1-2 seconds.
These are things that I am SURE is working correctly:
Mouse, keyboard, graphics card, memory, USB ports. I have seen many people with this problem, but they all said it went away after they bought a new mouse. I did the same thing and a couple months later the same problems started happening again. I'm not sure if this is normal but when I move my mouse, CPU usage increases by 10%.

That's what USB mice do - they live on your CPU. And when your CPU is busy with something else, your mouse will just have to wait.

You can try playing around with USB settings in the system BIOS (keep a PS/2 keyboard at hand though, because if you mess it up, your USB KB won't work).

Do install the latest drivers for your motherboard (either from Asus or nVidia).

I've got a very similar system to his and my USB mouse doesn't stop working under high load. Maybe get rid of, or update your mouse drivers (and just use windows default ones).

My specs aren't even close to that but I have never heard of anything like that with a USB mouse. Course I have never actually installed any drivers other then the default Windows ones that are installed when you plug the mouse in.

Has the mouse always been plugged into the same port? If it has maybe try moving it to another spot and see if that makes a difference.

Well i tried removing the drivers and it still didn't work. Also the ports aren't the problem, but I think this is a power issue.

When the mouse disconnects, I get a "USB Device not Recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it" popup. Once I replug the mouse back in, it works for awhile.

I downloaded Motherboard Monitor and it gave me extremely negative temperatures (ie -76 C). Your link doesn't work either :( Is there another way to check your cpu temp?

I just found a new clue: whenever my mouse freezes, my mouse driver disappears. When it continues working, the mouse driver comes back. Could this be a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back