Another FPS topic please help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oke here is the thing i am playing a RTS game and the game is from the year 2001

For some reason when i start the game i have only a capitol and 20 citz nothing special and the FPS is 50-60 wich sucks now when i continue the game...

I make a massive army and then the FPS is going to 4-12 so its unplayable now my qeustion is how is that possible :dead:

The game requires an Pentium 3 with 350 MHZ and 64 MB RAM

And only a 8MB graffic card... -.-

My specs are 2.4ghz proccesort Pentium 4 and i got 768 MB RAM
My Video card is a Ati 9250 with 256MB memory

I have installed ati tray tools i put it on Maximum speed profile and the game i put on everything as low as possible ......

Please help me out .. o yeah one more thing my CPU is kinda 100% for the stupid's reasons when i start a program it goed BAM 100% then 20% .... 10% ... 0% then i scroll BAM 30%+ even when i scroll this page hard up and down it goes to 100%....

When i play San Andreas it has 25 FPS -.- please help me guys
sorry for my bad english i live in the Netherlands... :)

a couple of thoughts, 768mb is little ram for XP Pro, and two, have you done a virus/malware scan recently? or a complete maintenance program?, if it was working just fine and then started doing this slowdown, that can be a sign of a HDD that is about to go out. try running disk check, and download a program called speedfan @ http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
it has a feature that will check the health of your hard drive.

a couple of thoughts, 768mb is little ram for XP Pro, and two, have you done a virus/malware scan recently? or a complete maintenance program?, if it was working just fine and then started doing this slowdown, that can be a sign of a HDD that is about to go out. try running disk check, and download a program called speedfan
it has a feature that will check the health of your hard drive.

Ok the temp is 40 decrease and the fitness is almost full - performence is full

did it just start doing this? or did you discover the slowdown when you tried to play games?
did you run disk check?

did it just start doing this? or did you discover the slowdown when you tried to play games?
did you run disk check?

Yea but i am gonna reinstall windows xp because this sucks everthing is so damn slow for no reason -_- il be back... in 40 minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back