"Another program is currently using this file" some type of help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dëšërt Føx ™

Hi, I'm new here and I'm not even sure if I'm in the right section, but here I go,

I have a windows xp home edition and its only a 4 months old (its a fairly new computer thats Vista ready). within the 3rd month, my command prompt is locked. now here are my symptoms:

1)when clicking any .exe that has no gui, or any bat or DOS files, i get this "Another program is currently using this file"
2)however, if i log in and click the command prompt the second it logs me in, I have access to CMD but many features still arent usable, such as "netstat.exe", etc.
3)when I do get CMD to open, closing it results in an error to "End Now"
4)when I get to open CMD, some .bat's and .exe's (no gui) open and disappear.

other symptoms:
1)i once logged out of my screen name and each log in had a password lock on it, I do not put passwords on any login's (this only happened once)
2)random blue screen error crashes (happened for awhile then stopped)
3)random restarts, usually happens when running a bitcomet program, logging off another user and changing logins, after several hours of constant use.

now I'm very computer savvy but not when it comes to these things. help is much appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It sounds like your system may be infected with malware.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread. If it turns out you do have nasties on your system, I`ll move this thread to the correct forum.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

ok thanks, I ran a system scan with registry booster (dont know if that helped me), and I'm still using the McAfee, which only detected like one virus (which wasnt one, it was just something i made that formats C: ) ill return when im done.

oh and btw, i dont even know what a HiJackthis log is, I guess im going to learn something more today.

sry im double posting but here is the log, nice and fresh.

Your system is badly infected with a variety of nasties. I have moved this thread to our security and the web forum.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly. This includes the renaming and placement of HJT.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Dëšërt Føx ™ only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

One of the nasties you have is the W32/NETSKY-AD WORM! You also have at least one trojan and your task manager has been disable by malware.

If you follow the instructions, I`m sure we can get your computer cleaned up.

This thread is for the use of Dëšërt Føx ™ only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Dëšërt Føx ™ said:
how will i know when everything is gone?

You`ll know cause I`ll tell you when your system is clean lol.

Once you`ve completed the instructions and I`ve seen the resulting log files, I`ll issue instructions for any remaining clean up that may be required. All this will only take a few hours and certainly not a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back