Antec 1200 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachariah

I got my Antec 1200 case a few days ago and want to test it to see if it's DOA or not (the box was a little banged up when I got it) but my mobo doesn't arrive till next week. I tried attaching the 200mm fan to my PSU to see if it would run since it has an on/off switch on the back of the case but it doesn't seem to work. Does this mean that my case is DOA or do I need the mobo before I can really test it?

" I need the mobo before I can really test it?"...

Yes, the motherboard needs to be installed and connected to the power supply. If the power supply isn't damaged, the case should be ok as long as the front LED lights are intact. You can always return the case for another

Be sure you notify the seller of your intent to return the case due to shipping damage... You have a very limited time to do that... and you are possibly already in a difficult situation if you didn't not the damage on the box upon delivery.
Otherwise, you really need everything together to test... If that case has a power supply, you can use a power supply tester (about $10 to $15) to test... You won't have full operational ability until the time of install.

The only problems I've seen with cases is shorts in the connectors for the power and reset switches & LEDs. I've never personally seen problems with fans; it's pretty rare to find a case with DOA fans from what I've seen.

IMO it would be easier to just order a new fan since you would have to pay shipping on the case which would cost more than the fan.

Not DOA, but certainly there are a LOT of fan failures as a system ages... also depending on the quality of the fans... and whether sleave or ball bearing... when the cheap sleave bearings wear, the fan goes out of balance... still looks good, but shorts out in some models.

We see their problems a lot, because the previous repair doesn't even bother to check for their failure... or check for the oder that is sometimes present

But fans... even high quality fans are pretty inexpensive to dirt cheap... no reason anybody should risk one failing, or avoid replacing them when the CPU fan fails.

We see their problems a lot, because the previous repair doesn't even bother to check for their failure... or check for the oder that is sometimes present

But fans... even high quality fans are pretty inexpensive to dirt cheap... no reason anybody should risk one failing, or avoid replacing them when the CPU fan fails.

Aye, that's the rate of technical skill and attention to detail that they pay for. Really, though, there's no reason to act like the fan is bad since the computer was never even turned on, so I don't see why anyone is fretting. Unless the case or a part of the case has visible physical damage just relax and wait for the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back