Anti-Virus / Malware Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

derekbutch

Hi all,

I have some questions and if anyone can answer them it'll be greatly appreciated.

1) I'm having trouble running trend housecall. It always tells me that my java is not updated (it is) or disabled and would not load after I click next. I used to be able to run until last week, and the other computer wouldn't run it as well. What's wrong?

2) Does spyware detectors conflict with each other, or just antiviruses? For example, can I have different spyware like spybot, adaware, superantispyware, malwarebytes, etc installed on my computer and run simultaneously (two of them same time, not all same time) or is it better to do it one by one.

3) I've recently encountered AVG program detecting a trojan horse downloader. generic dse twice when I was installing some software updates (windows, codec pack). I'm pretty sure the updates are safe, as I have installed them previously, and all scans came back clean. How do I know if I am really infected or if it's a false positive?

4) What other free online virus scans are recommended besides trend and panda (which I heard is very bad since it tends to come up with false positives and crash computers)?

Thanks all!

Hi,

Please click This Link and run the Preliminary Virus and Malware steps for removal.
Post ALL of the relevant logs that it asks for.

1, We will solve point 1 when I look at your logs

2, Its not so much of a problem but not advised that you have all of those running. Malwarebytes is fine to be on the system. This is only run when required. Superanti-Spyware and Spybot are generally Ok together however make sure that only one is running at once. Spybot should be disabled and leave Superanti Spyware running. In my opinion it works better this way.
When you run the preliminary scan I posted to above make sure you update Malwarebytes before running

3, Point 3 will be solved when I look at your logs

4, I always recommend Kaspersky online scanner. It gives a much higher search and detection rate and false positives are usually rare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back