Anti virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which antivirus do you all use. I just reformatted and reinstalled and was wondering which you all liked the best.
Wanda (fatbaby)

No I meant the Antivirus, Once every month I uninstall Avast! and run a scan using AVG to make sure Avast! hasn't missed anything. I've caught a few things a couple of times in the process. I always revert back to Avast! because I like the features. I've read around that some even try Avast! after they have been using AVG Antivirus for protection and find a couple of things as well so I would recommend scanning once a month with an AV that you haven't been using. These two are both free so i figure might as well use it to your advantage.

I will try avast. My cable company offers mcafee, but I'm not sure I want to use it. I can also get mcafee from aol because dear hubby likes the software when he plays his games, he is from the old school and won't change his ways....now mcafee slows his 1.8 mhgz computer with the 1 gb memory down...as soon as it downloads the new definitions it bogs down.
So anyway do you feel that avast will do as good as mcafe that I can also get? I just don't like all the ad ons they do when they give you the virus software. I also need to do my internet security.
Thanks for the help.
Wanda (fatbaby)

Remember only to use one Antivirus program at a time though. I would pick Avast! over Macafee any day.

So anyway do you feel that avast will do as good as mcafe that I can also get?

Imho you should uninstall Mcafee right away. Avast! is a lot better than Mcafee and you dont even notice the updates until you hear the voice tell you "Virus database has been updated". I only have 512mb of ram on this PC and it doesnt slow me down one bit. I can say Avast! is great and it doesnt slow you down even during updates, the only way you know its running is the spinning icon in the taskbar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back