Anyone know what kind of HD ibuypower.com uses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalbin83

I'm in the process of configuring a new system on IBuyPower and unfortunately they don't tell you which brand HD they use on the customization page. does anyone have any experience with them? I'm hoping it's WD just cos I seem to have the best luck with them. Size capacity I chose was 500GB.

Any input would be much appreciated !

damn. should i be worried about any of those brands ? and is there any rhyme or reason as to which brand they choose when building the systems ?

i guess i could always buy it without a HDD and throw in a WD seperately, but that could be more trouble than it's worth, no ?

Samsung is now pretty good. Hitachi is in financial trouble and is trying to sell the hard drive division. Maxtor has been bought out and renovated by Seagate, so I expect they are not pretty good. Still, I would prefer a Seagate with their five-year warranty or the Western Digital with the three year warranty.

bummer, are there any other decent sites for customizing PC's other than Ibuypower? (and Dell obviously).

was playing around on MagicMicro but they don't seem to have a good reputation from what I've read so far.

Why don't you ask iBuyPower what drive they will install. The drives all cost about the same to them.

well because i'd rather not have any of those brands that you mentioned haha. im somewhat of a freak about having extremely reliable brands for HD's and WD and Seagate seem to take the cake. I wonder if I call them whether they'd be able to accommodate me in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back