Apple 21 inch CRT on a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend

This is sort of a weird one. A friend gave me this beast of a monitor and the connectors match up, and I even get nice picture.. but everything is squished. The vertical is okay, but the horizontal is all squished in the middle. Upon doing some googling I've discovered that this particular monitor's adjustments are integrated into the OS (or something to that effect) .. the vertical and the horizontal adjustments can't be done on the monitor itself.

Soo.. I guess what I'm asking is.. does anyone know a work-around to this issue, or should I just stick with my 17" and give this monitor back as it's useless to me?

perhaps there is a ulility available for windows (do some google searching). you shoud l also experiment with different refresh rates (all 60-75hz nothing higher) and different resolutions.

Well depending on your graphics card, I have a setting here on mine that lets me do 1920 by 1080, hopefully your card can handle it.

I don't think resolution is his problem. Try looking in your driver settings for screen adjustments.

Apple desktop computers have a software-based utility in Mac OS which allows you to adjust your display.

Some PC manufacturers also include a utility which does the same thing, but you won't see that very often. I am unsure if there is a generic utility which will allow adjusting your screen through Windows, but it is worth looking for.

Things that can change your screen geometry include resolution and refresh rates. In the meantime, play with these settings in Windows and see if you can get it acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back