TCL is soon launching a 115-inch version of its flagship 4K QD-Mini-LED TV

Daniel Sims

Staff
Recap: TCL's flagship 4K QD-Mini-LED television (model QM851G, also known as the X955 internationally) has been available in the US and elsewhere since the company introduced it last year, but a larger version has begun to appear in various markets. It's unclear when those in the US with large homes and ample funds can order one, but it has started to surface at European retailers.

A 115-inch variant of TCL's premium X955 TV is now available to order on German and Czech websites. Although it hasn't come to the US in this size, European shipments are expected to begin this spring.

The website for the German retailer "electronic4you" lists the 4K QD-Mini-LED screen for €24,990 (around $27,000) with an expected delivery date of April 25. The Czech website alza.cz has the same model for 499,990 CZK (about $21,000) with shipments planned for March 31.

TCL initially unveiled the extra-large TV at the KOOP trade fair and CES earlier this year after rolling out 85-inch and 98-inch variants globally last year. The 115-inch version remains unavailable on the company's US website but appears in other regions like the Persian Gulf.

The X955 supports a 144Hz refresh rate with VRR through AMD FreeSync Premium and a 240Hz DLG mode. With HDR10+ and Dolby Vision IQ, the TV also features a peak brightness of 5,000 nits, a 7,000:1 contrast ratio, over 20,000 local dimming zones, and a 98 percent DCI-P3 color gamut. The smart TV system runs on Google TV with Wi-Fi 6 connectivity.

A likely successor to the X955, the TCL X11H launched in China last month with 85-inch and 98-inch models. It raises the peak brightness to 6,500 nits and features a new mini-LED backlight that increases energy efficiency by 40 percent.

There's no word yet on when or if the X11H will become available globally.

TCL has introduced several products in different categories to remain at the forefront of display technology over the last year. In May 2023, the company debuted a 65-inch 8K 120Hz foldable OLED screen, a 240Hz 8K ultrawide monitor, and high-resolution VR displays.

Later that year, TCL discussed X-intelligence, its AI natural language model designed for display panels. Other products from the company include a more affordable and portable way to enjoy a large TV – a $450 pair of smart glasses that can project a 130-inch virtual 1080p screen.

Permalink to story.

Yikes! I mean it’s sweet and all but good grief I have a hard enough time man handling my 75 inch solo, this would be impossible. Really need some rollable TV’s for these large size’s as anything above 75/85 inches gets you into logistical and physical practicality issues.

I've got a TCL flat screen TV and I must say it out shines most of the big boys and a significantly lower price ....
I noticed that too. They seem to be very good for colors and contrast as well. The price? Way better than the competition. It really makes me wanna get 1.

Yikes! I mean it’s sweet and all but good grief I have a hard enough time man handling my 75 inch solo, this would be impossible. Really need some rollable TV’s for these large size’s as anything above 75/85 inches gets you into logistical and physical practicality issues.

Normally in the past if you brought a Samsung monstrocity . You also bought setup.

Lots of people won't even be able to get it into there house , or at best minus box etc
I think these are fine for dedicated rooms , not sure if I want a monstrosity in my lounge dominating everything.,

Lets wait to super thin ones the can be "hidden"

Anyone who can afford a 115 inch flat screen can just get their gardener and chauffeur to move it for them.

I've got a TCL flat screen TV and I must say it out shines most of the big boys and a significantly lower price ....
No, they are way behind in many field. You understand when you buy a flagship.

Funny enough, my QN82Q900R is still holding its ground to the point I don't see any reason to upgrade yet.

Anyone who can afford a 115 inch flat screen can just get their gardener and chauffeur to move it for them.

Not really... you might postpone buying a car and instead going for a piece of tech like this one.

I have an 82 inch in my living room and if I upgrade, I would probably buy a 100 inch.

More screen is always better, you just need to find the pricepoint where the getting bigger screen doesn't make sense. Right now, it is all models above 85 inches for LCD and anything above 77 inches for OLED.

I would feel very stupid paying this much for inferior LCD tech.

No LCD TV has good image quality, especially not in game mode where most and sometimes all backlight control is disabled. If not, input lag would be crazy high.

Not really... you might postpone buying a car and instead going for a piece of tech like this one.

I have an 82 inch in my living room and if I upgrade, I would probably buy a 100 inch.

More screen is always better, you just need to find the pricepoint where the getting bigger screen doesn't make sense. Right now, it is all models above 85 inches for LCD and anything above 77 inches for OLED.
82 inch, what kind of meh TV is that? Sounds like dated tech. No good LCD panel were made in 82 inch, ever.

Sounds like edge lit LED :joy:

"More screen is always better" Hahahah. Then buy an used 25 dollar projector.

Last edited:
Back