Apple could become world's first trillion dollar company

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Apple could very well be on track to become the first $1 trillion company in the world, according to one Wall Street analyst. Brian White from Topeka Capital Markets recently predicted that Apple stock would top $1,000 per share in the next year which would put the company’s overall value close to that $1 trillion mark.

Apple stock has been red hot over the past couple of years and it shows no signs of slowing down. Share prices surpassed those of Google for the first time last week, a milestone that Steve Jobs was rumored to be working towards. It is believed that Jobs declined to split Apple’s stock in order to one day reach this goal.

So, what exactly could help Apple reach that coveted $1,000 share value?

An emerging presence in China would certainly help. Cupertino currently occupies only a tiny sliver of the market share in the country but that is expected to change as the company inks deals with telecoms in the region. Analyst Katy Huberty from Morgan Stanley believes that Apple could sell upwards of 40 million handsets in China this year.

The second key to topping the 1K mark is the entrance into an entirely new market: television. Apple has long been rumored to be working on a television and in Walter Isaacson’s biography of Steve Jobs, it was all but confirmed. Isaacson even said in a recent interview that he left out details about Jobs’ vision of what the device should be because it hadn’t been released yet.

It still remains to be seen when or if Apple will try to reinvent another market.

Permalink to story.

m4a4 said:
This is just sad to say the least. Some sort of blind religion...

Or people like decent reliable well performing products with decent aftercare maybe? and not plastic Acer rubbish!

Apple is the best ever, Apple Forever, everyone else sucks APPLE FTW

Did i mention apple is the greatest ever?

Sunny87 said:
Or people like decent reliable well performing products with decent aftercare maybe? and not plastic Acer rubbish!

Yes, I found that playing Fruit Ninja on a iPad is a lot more satisfying that on an Android device. And the way that an iPhone sends a text...I don't know, there is a certain flair to it that a Windows phone just does not have.

People buy Apple products cause they want to own an Apple product, and be seen with an Apple product. YOU may have bought an Apple product for more technical reasons, but rest assured, that teenage girl with an iPad or iPhone bought it solely for its name brand. That is why Apple is going to hit a trillion and Acer won't.

It's funny how apple has become the big brother in its commercial way back in the 80's.

"I was playing fruit ninja"
That made me laugh.

The satisfaction one gets from fruit ninja is a direct correlation of product quality.

Jokes aside, some people love Apple stuff, who cares?
Keep yourself informed and take advantage of those who are not if you can.

Apple is the best of all. How many companies know how to make an impressive toy? I have tried other tablets (Android) but i must say the iPad is king; it works even when its off and downloads movies even without a data plan. My daughter has the new iPad and it knows the names of all her friends, the other day she forgot her books at home and the iPad came to the rescue since she had the iForgot, iBooks, iWhat and ***** apps installed.

For me it's all about the Macbook Pro's, Mac Pro's and servers but what do I know, I only build HTML5 websites and do occasional final cut pro projects and logic music studio setups for audio visual studios.

Guest said:
"I was playing fruit ninja"
That made me laugh.

The satisfaction one gets from fruit ninja is a direct correlation of product quality.

Jokes aside, some people love Apple stuff, who cares?
Keep yourself informed and take advantage of those who are not if you can.

Well said Sir. Though I do cringe at hardcore Apple fanboys or at least those fanboys which have no idea what they are talking about and bash everything that is not Apple.

I like the iPhone, not insanely but its nice product and so is the iPod and iPad is not too shabby but still decent. Only thing that I dislike is the Apple Desktop market, biggest waste of money iv seen. Macbook air is nice but tad overpriced (then again what apple product isn't, ey?).

Use what you want, but don't spread false information you have no idea about, get some facts before speaking out of your arse (not directed at anyone).

Sunny87 said:
For me it's all about the Macbook Pro's, Mac Pro's and servers but what do I know, I only build HTML5 websites and do occasional final cut pro projects and logic music studio setups for audio visual studios.

Yep Macbook Pros and Air is quite nice, but Mac Pros ... oh dear. Oh btw it is "ICT" technicians not "ITC" unless I am not thinking of the same thing.

The iCry crowd has no reason to hate other then out of pure jealousy, they should just keep sitting behind their linux machine in their mom's basement while doing dos attacks for some unknown purpose.

"We don't know how to make a $500 computer that's not a piece of junk" - S.J.

My father used to say "I'm too poor to spend my money on cheap things".

Apple is king because you get good value out of the investment. I have a friend who still uses a 2004 Macbook Pro as her main work machine. She says it has now paid for itself 85x over.

Good technology. Good design. Good build quality. Good ergonomics. Good looks. Good support.

= Excellent value.

I remember falling in love with Apple when the Macintosh came out. I used that funky box for 10 years. Then Apple slid once Steve was gone but what an amazing resurrection.

I type this on a Macbook Pro and, quite frankly, you can wrestle it out of my cold dead hands. There is simply no laptop that measures up to it in the day to day grind. Maybe most of the same components now as others but there is no comparison to what you get when you put that same piece of wood in the hands of a master.

A masterpiece.

Excellent work Apple.

m4a4 said:
This is just sad to say the least. Some sort of blind religion...

Meh,
I don't like apple, But i have an iPhone.
Not for the status symbol, But because it just works well.
And I've tried many others...Treo, Bold, Storm, and a couple androids.
I'd also buy an ipad. It works better than the competition too.
IMO

gwailo247 said:
Sunny87 said:

Yes, I found that playing Fruit Ninja on a iPad is a lot more satisfying that on an Android device. And the way that an iPhone sends a text...I don't know, there is a certain flair to it that a Windows phone just does not have.

People buy Apple products cause they want to own an Apple product, and be seen with an Apple product. YOU may have bought an Apple product for more technical reasons, but rest assured, that teenage girl with an iPad or iPhone bought it solely for its name brand. That is why Apple is going to hit a trillion and Acer won't.

+1 for the Fruit Ninja joke.

But this stuff about fanboyism is applicable to any product line in any industry. Though I won't dispute that Apple has no short supply of iZealots, the company continues to grow because it puts out goods that work. Yes, there is a price premium that you pay up front (sans tablets and ultrabooks, which Apple actually sells at a competitive price). However, when it comes to long-term maintenance and reliability, Apple is king. I would attribute this to the OSX and iOS far more than the hardware (which from a price/performance standpoint is a /complete/ ripoff), but the long-term utility for business purposes justifies the price as you don't have to constantly tend to their products or replace them short-term. As a result, the stuff sells.

Apple lemmings are out in full force today. I will never buy another overpriced POS apple product. But you guys feel free to keep lubing up your backsides.

" I will never buy another overpriced POS apple product. But you guys feel free to keep lubing up your backsides."

iCry?

Well, I still use an Ipod 4G, though it is running out of space and almost died in 2008.

It outlasted 2 hard drives that I bought in 2010.

Hur. But really now, Apple needs to wow people with something new and not some hardware upgrade,

davislane1 said:
However, when it comes to long-term maintenance and reliability, Apple is king.

I don't know, all and I mean all macs at our College (graphics college) are extremely slow and they are only what 3 years old? So that can't be applied to everything.

As I have said, the Laptop market is good and as you say competitive prices. But sadly the desktop market is never going to compare to a custom built PC. Now when you compare it to the average pre-built PCs, alot of them are terrible but most people don't know where to look so they compare the £1K Macs to those crappy Desktop PCs.

If Apple sold their OS to other distributors so that you could install it on a Computer regardless of it being a Mac or not, It would be great. But that would mean less money for Apple (theory) but on other hand, it would increase its OS marketshare by few %s.

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong but PetroChina was worth $1 trillion when it floated on the Shanghai exchange a few years ago.

I don't want to see all technology homogenized into only Apple products. That's the stuff of nightmares.

artix said:
Sunny87 said:

Yep Macbook Pros and Air is quite nice, but Mac Pros ... oh dear. Oh btw it is "ICT" technicians not "ITC" unless I am not thinking of the same thing.

No thats just proves how many years I've been doing this job, when I started it was called ITC, the term was changed to ICT technician, I just haven't updated my profile (I work with schools mainly, they have habits of changing titles).

Don't get me wrong I'm an ICT technician so I use multiple platforms Mac/windows/android/Linux/server additions of software be it VM's or not, I have a custom built windows 7 machine that I built myself and very much enjoy for playing games act something mac is so far very much behind on, but I feel that will soon turn around, I'm by no means an Apple fanboy I don't have a favourite it's just that OS X is by far the most stable OS I have ever used especially OS X server (excluding Lion server awful!) far less restarts required than windows.

The reason Apple choses to stay on there own hardware is because windows can be installed on almost everything but not without issues with installing drivers and then getting random errors, I don't know if you have ever tried to get hardware that is full stop not compatible with windows 7 to install without throwing errors at you non stop? but with Mac you don't get that because of the exclusivity.

And lets face it Android is not going anywhere in my opinion it's an overcrowded OS that is still not compatible with proxies until you add an additional bit of software, granted I love androids free tethering service something apple really needs to start doing to keep up, again I have a more valid opinion than most haters on here in the fact that I'm a long time HTC desire user, I gradually moved over to iPhone on the basis that my Macbook Pro syncs up all of my photo's and data over wifi without me having to do anything and backs up my phone to iCloud so all my data and contacts/apps are safe and backed up in two places.

artix said:
If Apple sold their OS to other distributors so that you could install it on a Computer regardless of it being a Mac or not, It would be great. But that would mean less money for Apple (theory) but on other hand, it would increase its OS marketshare by few %s.

That would never work. Apple's "quality" comes from the fact that they have ONE hardware combination for which they need to code for. You're not going to come up with some Mac hardware combination that they don't let you have. They control all the hardware they put into it, so that you don't end up with too many conflicts. They also (try) to control all the software you load onto the computer, for the same reason.

All the benefits that all the fanboys are talking about here come from that very fact. CONTROL. By controlling everything that is in your computer and put onto your computer Apple guarantees a user experience within a certain set of parameters that they deem acceptable. That is the whole 'just works' paradigm summed up into a sentence. And it works for most people, hence the trillion dollar value.

I will SUE Apple if it doesn't become the first trillion dollar company.

I had other phones then I got a iPhone. Not a fanboy...just a fan of working products that actually works great. I use to hate Apple...but I got sick of crappy blackberries and android phones...I figured I would give it a shot..Now I see why people love them. Funny thing is..the only people who say there products are no better than anything and just over priced are people who never used or owned them. I was one of those people...so I know where your coming from...but I was wrong and so are you...Something to think about.

Back