Apple employees will start returning to work on June 15

midian182

Staff member
In a nutshell: Apple has informed staff at its Silicon Valley HQ that the first phase of their return to work will begin on June 15. Like most companies, the iPhone maker instructed its employees to work remotely when the lockdown began. With restrictions now easing, plans for their return are in motion.

Many employees won’t be back at their standing desks for a few months yet. Apple said in a memo (via Bloomberg) that this first phase would be “very limited,” and workers that are called back will only be allowed in on certain days of the week, depending on their job.

Apple is implementing several safety measures at its campus, including limiting the number of people allowed in buildings simultaneously, social distancing, taking temperatures, and requiring employees to pass a health check. Workers are also “strongly encouraged” to take on-site or at-home Covid-19 tests provided by the company. Additionally, masks must be worn at all times across the firm’s Silicon Valley offices, and deep cleans will become a regular procedure.

Bloomberg adds that while phase 1 of the return doesn’t begin until next week, some employees have already started returning. With the iPhone 12 series and other new products set to arrive in the second half of the year, some senior executives, along with hardware and software engineers, remained on-site throughout the lockdown.

Other tech giants are changing their working practices in the face of Covid-19. Facebook’s first phase of returns begins in July when it will be performing daily temperature checks and introducing extra shifts to keep the office at quarter capacity. Twitter, meanwhile, has told staff they can work from home indefinitely.

For companies looking to get more workers into the office while maintaining safety, a designer has come up with an airtight pod system that helps keeps staff safe from viruses.

Permalink to story.

I started working regularly 2 months ago. IMO the aftermath of this lockdown might be worse than the actual pandemic.

I started working regularly 2 months ago. IMO the aftermath of this lockdown might be worse than the actual pandemic.

We have 115,000 deaths in America. 414,000+ deaths worldwide.

Many were young...many were old...many were elderly.

That's a huge "gap" punched into our economy and the world economy. I've never seen this many funerals in my life.

On top of that, there's the need to replace workers - quickly - as many people are nearing the breaking points while many who can retire are retiring to an uncertain future.

We are in Recession officially - but I call it stagflation because of the underemployment, unemployment and government induced inflation: ie Trump's welfare Checks and the $26 Trillion in debt.

The infection rate is increasing, but at this point: contracting Covid 19 is inevitable. You either survive it or not.

We were considered "essential" but with schools & universities out, our business took a dive. We switched to every other week by doing W-T-F, M-T, then off W-T-F, M-T. Unless when we responded to something was a mask required, we didn't bother with them. Temperatures checked every day.
I think our office had a bout of this back the last week of January, to the middle of February. 10-12 came down with an upper respiratory infection, fever. Of course no one was testing for the Wuhan Flu then. Anti-viruals, anti-inflammatory meds, staying home 3-4 days.
This "corona virus" is just another version of the same corona virus that causes MERS, SARS, Ebola and countless other "flu like" viruses. This one is a tad more dangerous, but not to the point of shutting down the global economy. The problem is, (America) common sense has gone out the window. If you are sick, STAY HOME. If you cough, COVER your mouth. Wash your hands. If you are elderly, have underlying health issues, keep away from others. Once spring/summer comes along, people venture outdoors, get a few doses of Vitamin D, any virus won't last long.
But the WHO, CDC, media play up every time someone tests positive for the virus. Testing positive and getting sick are two completely different things. What they never say in the media is the number of people that have recovered. In the U.S. over 1/2 million have recovered. Yes, 100k people die, is nothing to celebrate, but, as we know the numbers have been skewed also!
Multiple reports of people being told to tag a death as a Wuhan Flu death, even though it wasn't.

The infection rate is increasing, but at this point: contracting Covid 19 is inevitable. You either survive it or not.
Maybe, but I still feel that later is better. Even without a major breakthrough, doctors are already better at treating serious cases then they were a few months ago. I'm in no rush.

Also, unless I missed a very recent study, it is not a guaranteed one shot deal: you may be able to catch it multiple times over your life.

We have 115,000 deaths in America. 414,000+ deaths worldwide.

Many were young...many were old...many were elderly.

That's a huge "gap" punched into our economy and the world economy. I've never seen this many funerals in my life.

On top of that, there's the need to replace workers - quickly - as many people are nearing the breaking points while many who can retire are retiring to an uncertain future.

We are in Recession officially - but I call it stagflation because of the underemployment, unemployment and government induced inflation: ie Trump's welfare Checks and the $26 Trillion in debt.

The normal flu season kills 650k worldwide... And that's without the death stats ****ery that even the CDC admits now. This was all cover for the already collapsing economy (repo market problems started in September). We're in for a very bumpy ride... The kind with famine and the end of major countries.

The normal flu season kills 650k worldwide... And that's without the death stats ****ery that even the CDC admits now. This was all cover for the already collapsing economy (repo market problems started in September). We're in for a very bumpy ride... The kind with famine and the end of major countries.

It is common of uneducated right wing talking points to mention flu deaths, but the flu death count is ANNUALLY.

Covid 19 killed 450,000+ in less than 6 months.

Back