Are there any programs to make a program full screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaMaluJordan

I am running a program but i cant see the whole thing. It's large and goes off of my screen. Are there any programs that will let me run this program in full screen so that i can see the whole thing? There is no maximize option in this program and alt+enter doesn't work. Can someone help me out?

It sounds like you have a video card driver problem to me. Update your video driver.

What program are you trying to run full screen and what video card do you have?

You could try changing the screen resolution to 600x800.
Also you could try changing the program's compatibilty settings - find the command file for the program, right click for properties and then the compatibility tab. Try running in the mode for Windows 95 for starters to see if you are on target.

the program is pokesav

i am running a program called pokesav. its a program for a game. i cant do the 800x600 thing because that makes everything too big.

how do i change my screen resolution to that? when i right click on desktop and click properties, i choose settings but the maximum screen resolution i can get to is 1024x768. is there any way to go higher?

need a better card and or monitor
the program itself should have controls for display
those types of games are scary some carry Trojans / spyware

good luck

It sounds like you have a fairly small, older LCD display and you will not be able to see all of the program without changing monitors. The program does not have a way of changing screen resolutions. It's just a little program somebody put together to hack a Nintendo Pokemon game. It is possible to buy a used CRT monitor (old tube type) for less than $20.00 at a garage sale or the like. I've done it before and my kids currently use a 19" monitor I bought for $15.00

i only understood the part about buying a new monitor. i don't understand the windostate to maximized and border style to 0 and i dont understand the compatibility mode. can someone explain how to do these things?

AlbertLionheart said:
Also you could try changing the program's compatibility settings - find the command file for the program, right click for properties and then the compatibility tab. Try running in the mode for Windows 95 for starters to see if you are on target.

How to get to the compatibility settings.

So is it Windostate or Windostste or Windowstate, and I looked in the help & support and there is nothing there and I also Googled the all three and all I get is programming and script code. I don't understand how that is going to help DaMaluJordan get the program he didn't write running in a large enough window to allow him to see all of the program.

Comming up with an exact answer would really help this dumb ***!

hi windostate, sorry my sugguestion didnt help, just doing trai & error, as for the pc, book for dummys, maybe theres a answer to your problem..... no offense intended dude. olny trying to help,,,,,,

Different Strokes.......

Game background seems like it would be done in different ways. If you look a something like "Spider Solitare", it works at any resolution you might set. This is because the background is merely a fill layer of textured green and Windows knows which monitor resolution is currently set. The cards are actually small windows and display at the same pixel dimensions irregardless of the screen settings.

Now when you deal with a game, which is actually a bit mapped scenery, the game itself would have to describe a larger section of the scenery file to the OS for display. A building might come into the picture, not simply a repetitive background texture.

When you deal with an imaging program, such as Photoshop Elements, one of the preference options is "allow pictures to resize". If this is checked, then the image will appear full screen, well "bigger" as it applies to the original complaint in this post. This would be because a picture say 300 X 400 pixels would now be 600 X 800, with each line of the original image now covering 2 lines of the monitor's screen, with the image now being twice the linear dimension and 4 TIMES the area.

So, unless you're prepared (or able) to modify the programming in the way I suggested above this discussion is somewhat moot.

I have a small number of games that I would like to appear on my new 22" at it's native 1680 X 1050 resolution. Unfortunately, they were written sometime ago, and I take what I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back