ASDL Router + Wireless Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

isotopes

I have problem connecting the two routers together. I'm using Aztech ADSL router and connected to to D-Link wireless router to able to surf net wireless.

However, I realise by right if I connect directly to the ADSL router the speed should be faster as compare to using router, but that's not the case. Unless I'm only connecting to ADSL router without the wireless router the speed will improve.

Why is it? Any solution for this?

Thank you

...However, I realise by right if I connect directly to the ADSL router the speed should be faster as compare to using router, but that's not the case. Unless I'm only connecting to ADSL router without the wireless router the speed will improve...

I don;t understand quite what you're saying, what speed should be faster?

Plus, if you connect those two devices you only want ONE of them to provide routing functions. You'll need look at the manuals for both to decide which one you want to turn off Router function and how to set it configuration to do so

LookinAround and Litivn are right on. You would need to set the Aztech ADSL modem to use bridged mode. Your ISP can help you with that, although they may not support troubleshooting once it is in that mode. The D-Link will need to be setup using PPPoE, (username/password). If you don't know the username/password for your account, your ISP can help with that also. They will probably refer you to D-Link support for help entering the correct settings on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back