Asus G73sw shuts down unexpectedly

I've had my laptop for about 2 months and it recently started shutting down. I'm pretty sure its not over heating because it sometimes happen when I'm not using it and it just on the desktop although i have checked the fans/vents and only the top right one seems to pumping out air.

Oh and about 5 minutes before it shuts down it starts to run extremely slow.

At risk of being obvious, it sounds a bit like malware - have you had chance to scan it? (or is it off too much:confused:)

At risk of being obvious, it sounds a bit like malware - have you had chance to scan it? (or is it off too much:confused:)
Yeah i have Norton 360 and have scanned it but nothing has shown up :S Im thinking about cleaning the fans even though i dont think its over heating. should i take it to my local computer place or should is there an easier way to do it myself?

Im thinking about cleaning the fans even though i dont think its over heating. should i take it to my local computer place or should is there an easier way to do it myself?

Found a video on disassembling the Asus laptop on Youtube:

Yeah i have Norton 360 and have scanned it but nothing has shown up :S Im thinking about cleaning the fans even though i dont think its over heating. should i take it to my local computer place or should is there an easier way to do it myself?

You will void any warranties if you do disassemble the laptop in any way

It does sound like it is overheating. That would explain the slowdown before the computer shut down - the computer would underclock the CPU/GPU to prevent it from overheating, causing the slowness you described. If you don't want to disassemble it, you can try blowing some compressed air into the fan vents to dislodge any dust that might be blocking airflow.

Unless the laptop sits on a carpeted floor or on a bed for extended periods of time, there's no way it could have enough dust in it to cause overheating after just 2 months use. Lachlan may have to take it in for service, if the factory restore doesn't solve things

Back