Asus motherboard is not working

mindflach

Hello,i just got asus P5RD1-V motherboard.I connected all wires to the motherboard and the green light (SB_PWR1) on the motherboard does not shine.And i ,cant power up my motherboard.If no power on the motherboard there is no light(SB_PWR1),right ? But my mouse in usb on that motherboard lights up.PSU i am using with this motherboard is working on other motherboards.

Please help,I really appreciate it!

did you read the manual before plugging anything into it, have you made sure you have set all the jumpers correctly (if there are any)

perhaps you've connected the power LED to the power switch header? did that board ship w. the ASUS "Q-connector by any chance?"

along with what c600 said, the manual will include the layout of the I/O headers in more detail than on the PCB itself. typically, there is both a power LED connection and a power button connection. the power button is what you'd think it would be--it powers up the board. The power LED (sometimes labeled as PLED or similar) is just an indicator that shows the mobo is online.

Yes ,all jumpers is in correct places.
The mobo I bought is timeworn,it's not new.
Check the pictures.
1.pic you can see that 24 pin cable is connected.
2.pic you can see that 4 pin cable is connected.
3.pic shows that green light is off,means no power ,BUT
but 4 picture shows that usb mouse is on.

5,6,pictures shows what happens if I just push 24 pin cable a little bit(when I do that green light shows up and psu fan starts,sometimes even cpu fan start working,but nothing shows up on the screen,I can't reset or pwr down),but (pic.7)then usb mouse offs.

8.pic is just showing my table.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg