Asus P5LD2 Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have an Asus P5LD2 Deluxe and I wanted to know if it can run nVidia cards in SLI. It comes with an Asus video card bridge but I'm not sure. Thanks!

I am curious why the P5LD2 Deluxe has two PCI-e 16x slots, but doesn't specifically mention SLI in its specs on the homepage HERE . Take a look at the P5N32-SLI Deluxe. It specifially shows that it supports SLI on its homepage stats HERE

I don't have enough time right now to research, but I would do some more homework first. Something is not right. There is a chance that even though you have two PCI-e 16x slots, it may not support SLI mode fully.

Yeah that is wierd, I'll try some more to figure it out. It did come with a SLI bridge though, I'm not sure what else it would be used for. The manual does not mention ATI, nVidia, or SLI. It just say it come with a video card bridge so you can run two video cards.

Here is one review I found:

source is here: http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=14936&PageId=1

The Asus P5LD2 has two PCI-E X16 slots while there is also an SLI bridge included in the retail package. The first slot, the blue one, is 16X in both single and dual video modes while the black can also be set to 2X, 4X or Auto. With NVidia's 7.1.8.4 and 77.77 drivers we used, we weren't be able to enable SLI for this board. Instead of this, the dual PCI-E video slots can be used for powering up four screens, in quad display.

More info:

source: http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/asusp5ld2/2.html

Lastly, the dual PCI-Express x16 slots are a most unexpected feature for an Intel chipset-based motherboard. While ASUS has supplied a flexible SLI bridge connector, the official word on these two slots is that they allow the user to connect two PCIe x16 video cards to the motherboard, allowing for quad-head display. SLI will be a viable option once NVIDIA decides to release ForceWare drivers which support SLI on non-nForce 4 chipsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back