ASUS ROG gaming monitor

I just read Tim Schiesser article in regards to the Asus ProArt PA32UC review. He mentions that "I’m not a big fan of Asus’ previous gaming monitor designs, particularly their ROG line, but the ProArt is a completely different story."

I am planning on getting my hands on an ASUS ROG SWIFT PG27VQ gaming monitor. I am looking for a G-Sync, curved monitor with good quality. RGB lighting and USB 3.0 connectors are a bonus.
https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27VQ/

I am curious; what makes the ROG product line an undesired product line? What would be a preferred alternative? and Other than 4k and HDR, what other product would compare or be better?

Regards to all.

Attachments

• 24-236-852-V01(2).jpg
    24-236-852-V01(2).jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 0
Hi. I've heard such thoughts about ROG. I think it has a lot of negatives because of its overprice. I recent few years the price of ROG product line grows, but the useful functionality doesn't change or even goes down.
Speaking of monitors, I agree that ProArt is much better. But, it depends on many occasions. The ProArt series have ideal colors and brightness. It is one of the best monitors product lines for professionals (video, photo, other graphics).
ROG monitors are very close in terms of price but worse in colors, brightness, and other specs. You mostly pay for an unusual design and somehow beautiful RGB backlight, which does not make the screen itself better.

Back