ATI 9700 Pro R300 Capcitor Values

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got an ATI 9700 Pro with a few (3) capacitors missing off of the top of the core. I'm trying to find out the values of these missing capacitors. Does anyone have any idea where I could get these component values? I've got a call into ATI but haven't had any reponse from them.

Initially the board didn't work at all. I replace the broken caps with .01uFd and I was able to boot all the way into Windows but I have horizontal bars running across the entire screen. I'm close but not quite there. The traces and pads on this chip won't put up with a lot soldering and unsoldering so I want to know the exact values for the broken caps.

Thanks for any help!

Here's a pic: http://home.wi.rr.com/magnums/Broken Resistor.htm

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Sorry, I don't know the info you're looking for, but what I can do is suggest a forum where you should find people with the knowledge you seek.
The first is Rage3d which is an ATI fan-page. There are an abundance of fanbois there, but you should find plenty of people who has the info you need.
The other place to ask is Beyond3D, which is a site dedicted to 3d in general, frequented by (amongst others) some ATI people. There are also members there who should have the info you're looking for.

Or perhaps another member here will be able to supply you with the info.
If you do go off to one of the two sites, I hope you'll come back here afterwards to tell us what you found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back