ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm new arround here so this is my 1st post!
I'm having some problems with my laptop, I bought an AcerAspire 5600 recently and it worled fine... but now I can't run any game or program that requires a video card because the laptot shots down after a few seconds :s and I used to work with those same programs fine while ago... A friend told me that it would be probably problems with the video card, but I can't figure it out, I've tried to update the drivers but can't do it, so I'm doing something wrong...
Can somebody give me a step-by-step help :p
Thank you!

Go to ATI/Radeon website. Look for 'support/download drivers'. Enter the required information (usually the # of the graphics card and operating system that you have). You should see the 'download drivers selection there. Download that. Good Luck.

Since you bought the laptop recently, I'm assuming it has Vista installed? ATi doesn't provide driver support for Mobility Radeon cards. Drivers are only provided by the laptop manufacturers. Look here for your laptop's video drivers.
Also, your GPU might be getting too hot, which might shut the PC down. In addition, are you trying to run the game on battery? Try running it while the laptop is charging. If all that fails, take the laptop to the workshop.

hi folks!
Thanks for the help, but it seems that the board is damaged, so the laptop it's going back to the store!
Bye...

i had a recent trouble with my x1300 mobility card .. Media center said taht i was using my gfx card to copy dvds (which i wasnt) and so i couldnt watch any film
my lappy is also an acer
i just restarted and then turned off all teh radeon extras (the background programs) and then MCE liked me again
i tried to update the drivers but it says taht i dnt have a ati card lol

thinking about sending my lappy back aswell once i get my new pc built

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back