ATI Radeon HD 4650 fan problem

thomja

hi there! again im turning for tech spot to help me as i really love this forum altho i dont really spend much time here but i do recommend it to my friends :p but now to my problem

last summer i bought a new computer which i really love even thus i do think that i should upgrade my graphic card.

heres all the info you need but ill paste in the most important stuffs

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bi...portFAQ&prodSeriesId=4079858&prodTypeId=12454

^great link with all the neccessary info but here the important things...

2,8GHz quad core proccessor
8GB ram(not sure what type of ram)
ATI radeon 4650 graphic card (picture is in the link just scroll down)
1 terabyte of memory around 700 GB used up(need to clean it :p )

so my problem with the card is that when i turn the computer on at mornings always for some reason never when i get home from school (that has only happened 1 time)the cards fan start spinning like crazy and is making this big noise like BZZZZZZZZZZZ and i dont know why nothing is wrong with the computer when that noise comes up ive checked speedfan and everything seems to be normal...

I dont know what to do ive tryed to clean the card from dust and ive tryed to check if the fan is loose somehow which it aint and now im stuck... i cant remove the card because HP has screwed it inside the chassi somehow -.-

So please help me here thanks in advance!

The card should be removable you just need to locate the retention mechanism that holds the expansion cards in. It may be a metal or plastic bar or it may just be a screw to connect the card to the chassis. Look carefully and I'm sure you'll see it. Post a picture if you're still unsure.

ok so it might be removabale if i do manage to remove it then what am i supposed to do with it?

Check to make sure the fan is really clean of all dust and debris. Are you sure it's not a different fan causing the noise?

yea im sure i might just try to vacuum clean it and see if it helps... i opened up the case and then heard that it was the graphics card and now i notised that it stops by itself after awhile

Back