ATi Tray Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

olefarte

If you've got an ATi graphics card, here's a neat little tool to go in your task bar, that makes it easy to change your graphics settings quickly.

What got me excited about this little program though, is the tweak section, Temporal Antialiasing. I've been reading a lot about this the last couple of days, but everything I read talks about changing the registry to enable this on ATi cards, and I'm not to brave in the registry. I tried this tweak, and on 2X I picked up about 4 or 5 frames per second in Far Cry. I've been getting by with about 35 frames and this picked it up to around 40.

If anybody wants to try it, you can get it here at Guru3D.

Doesn't temporal anti-aliasing make the screen flickery though?, at least in current drivers, since it works over several frames. I thought about adding the option to enable it to my tweaking program, but AFAIK it is supposed to be officially released with the next set of ATi Drivers

Well it makes it flicker if performance is low. Temporal Anti-Aliasing is only interesting when you play games that give you high FPS ( like last generation games, around Q3 & such ).

& you need to have V-Sync enabled & the highest refresh rate ( at least above 85hz ) for it to work properly.

Temporal Anti Aliasing @ Elitebastards

Thanks for that link Didou. Sounds quite impressive, especially for older games such as Q3, Half-Life, MOH:AA etc.

I am assuming that it doesn't work on most TFTs then, because of the high refresh rate requirement

Max refresh rate on my TFT is 75hz and I don't notice any flicker, at 40 or so fps, maybe it's not working, but I did get a few extra frames. I read that article that Didou linked and almost didn't try this though.

Anyway, so far, I'm very happy with it. I'm running all the video settings on High or Very High, except Shadow Quality, and those few frames extra in Far Cry are very much needed on my computer, and I don't see any decrease in IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back