"Attempting to authenticate"

Hanson Duan

I continuously get this problem on my laptop and I have no idea why it is occurring. I just fixed it by running a system restore but I think it may happen again.
What can I do to stop this from happening?
Please help!

What gives you that error message? Windows? If you're not specific it can be very hard to tell.

It's in the wireless adapters in the control panel. Under the network adapter it says Attempting to Authenticate and I'm unable to connect any networks.
It happens everyday and persists for like 30 minutes

Is this your router? Authentication is attempting to match your securing phrase to the router's SSID phrase.
This screen shot shows SSID DX752 is encrypted with WEP (hold mouse over the name)
wificonnections.jpg

and unless I know the phrase, I can't logon to it.

At a public hotspot, the phrase is shown, you ask for it, or it is totally unnecessary
(in which case there would not be any Authentication at all)

Your computer is trying to authenticate to a wireless network. Your settings are wrong, so it's failing.

What operating system do you have? On Win7:

Start > 'manage wireless networks' >

Find the wireless network name, delete it.

Exactly what it says, are you attempting to access a router you own or are you at some public location attempting to access any-old-thing you can see?

Ah, I thought you meant if that network was my router XD
But yes, it is my router, and I have no idea what is causing this as it may be fine 1 mintue earlier, and then suddenly I would not be able to connect
And I have already deleted the network and re-added it, it did not help but it was fine the next day.

Disconnect power from the router; wait 30 seconds and then power up again.

let it get configured from your modem and then try to connect.

Back