Audio Controller / SoundBlaster card conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I recently got a problem with my Audio/Multimedia Controller...
It is no longer recognized by my system (Windows XP Pro).
In the hardware manager, the device is noted with an "!" :blush: and in
the properties box, no driver seems to be installed...

I didn't installed any driver before for this integarated audio controller (don't remember the trade mark), Windows XP did it for me.

Yesterday, one of my friend gave me an old and simple Sound Blaster 128 PCI, which is enough for my needs.
I installed the card, download the drivers from Creative web site, installed the drivers and reboot also my machine.

Back to my Windows session, there's still a conflict because even if the SoundBlaster card is installed, the other original Audio Controller is still detected by Windows which always asked me for the drivers :suspiciou :suspiciou :giddy:

So what can I do effectively use the Sound Blaster 128PCI for which I have the drivers, and definitly give up the Audio Controller detection ?

Thanks to help me.

Zyend

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please would you take a few moments to read this post. A message for all newcomers. Thanks.

You will need to go into your bios, and disable the onboard sound.

Your mobo manual will tell you how to do this.

Once you have done that, you may need to go into control panel, and in sound and audio devices, click on the audio tab, and make sure your new soundcard is selected in the appropriate fields. Then do the same in the voice tab.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back