Audio Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JumpStart02

My computer is whacked. I'm not experienced with computers at all. Today, I just shut my computer down. I turn it back on an hour later, And get a black screen saying Start Windows Regular, Safe mode etc. I clicked each option, and it wouldn't work. So I pressed like f11 on the page before, And it re installed windows, and had the process where you register your computer all over again. Like adding your name, address, etc.

That was fine, I needed to reformat. But now, I had no Sound Software, Anything. I dont Microsoft Works which I need. So any recommendations? Help please.

You should have maybe asked first:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4VFUDU

However, to get the driver you need (assuming you don't have a support cd with the driver on it and the driver isn't on your comp already in the restore area), we'll need information.

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop and then click on 'Computer' then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-summary' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home sub-folder and then reports sub-folder and click on the report which will open it in a text editor and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the debug stuff at the bottom of the report and delete it and then save that file again and then copy and paste it to here.

I do have the disk which installs the drivers again i believe, its entitled:

Operating System Disk

To Re-install the operating system: Insert the disc, Close all programs, restart your computer, and follow the instructions

I inserted it, and a pop up came up saying what to open it with, It said like picture or document and crap and it didnt seem to work.. Ill show you a picture.

desktoppi1.png

--------[ Debug - Unknown ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard DMIMOBO: Intel Corporation DG965LV
Motherboard DMISYS: GT5238E
Motherboard MQ96510J.15A.0189.2006.0809.1627
Motherboard Unknown
PCI/AGP 11AB-6101: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 14F1-2F40: PCI Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-104C: Intel(R) 82562V 10/100 Network Connection [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2812: PCI standard ISA bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2822: Intel(R) ICH8R/DO/DH SATA RAID Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2830: Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2831: Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2832: Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2834: Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2835: Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2836: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-283A: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-283E: SM Bus Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-283F: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2841: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2843: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2845: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-2847: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-284B: PCI Device [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-29A0: PCI standard host CPU bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-29A1: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-29A2: Video Controller (VGA Compatible) [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-29A3: Video Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 8086-29A4: PCI Simple Communications Controller [NoDB]

I asked that you NOT include that debug stuff -it was the other stuff I wanted.

Do you have a support cd for that comp or the manual that describes driver loading AFTER the OS is loaded?

Is there anyway to download the driver off a website or something? This is pissing me off because I dont have that disk, only the OS

That is the Recovery Disk actually. And you yourself said that you have to insert the disc, close all programs and restart the computer, then follow the instructions innit? So insert the disc into the drive and restart the PC. It should boot from the CD and start recovering your PC.

Eh? I think you're not getting me here. It should start the recovery process BEFORE Windows boots. If it doesn't, then you need to go into the BIOS menu by pressing Delete, F2 or F12 as soon as the PC begins to start up. That should take you to a DOS screen where you should be able to find an option called 1st Boot Device or something like that and change it to CD. Then save settings, keep the disc in the drive and the PC should restart and should start recovering then. I don't know how your BIOS screen looks like so I can't give you specific instructions. You're gonna have to look awhile I'm afraid. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back