Audio program causing BSOD?

eagleflyfree92

Setup:
Windows 7 x64
Samsung R540 Laptop
8GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics
Intel 2.35GHz i3 CPU

Hello everyone, it's my first post so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong spot.
So the other day I was working on a song in this audio software called Cubase. As I was editing, my computer crashed and blue screened. I didn't think much of it because I thought I may have just taxed the computer too hard as I had many, many tracks and effects. Then this morning after starting up the computer I opened the program again. As it was loading plugins, the computer crashed again. I got a little worried this time, but when I opened the program, everything was fine. I went back to what I was doing and nothing happened. But when I closed it, the computer froze and blue screened. I haven't installed any new software or hardware in almost 6 months so I don't think it could be a hardware/software problem.

Here's the most recent data Windows gave me:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode:34
BCP1:0000000000050853
BCP2:FFFFF8800318C738
BCP3:FFFFF8800318BF90
BCP4:FFFFF8000311DDC7
OS Version:6_1_7601
Service Pack:1_0
Product:768_1

If you can, go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Okay, this looks like a problem with the Intel HD graphics accelerator driver. See if you can update this driver from the Samsung R540 Laptop support site. Good job on posting the minidumps:)

There aren't any updates on the website. Also tried manually updating through device manager. Still said that there isn't any updates

Yeah those are the drivers I already have. When I wipe this thing I immediately get the drivers off of that page. The graphics driver says it hasn't been updated since Nov 23, 2011

Sound like Cubase, Maybe the cause of your bluescreens, Is there anyway you can update this software. Or just uninstall it, Then reinstall it. I have seen this program cause this a lot. It would be worth a try. For your video driver , You may need to try the intel site Or another drivers site, Most retail sites hardly ever post updated drivers for there products.

Back