Audio skipping (Windows 7 64-bit)

ramonsterns

I've been having problems with audio skipping in VLC player and some game's cutscenes/movies.

I've no idea what changed, but it was working just fine a week ago. I've tired to google my problem, but there is no fix to be found, just dead ends or unanswered threads.

Help, please.

Try using System Restore to a point before the problem started and see if that has any effect. As you may know you can always undo any restore if you don't like the results.

Are you running 2.0.4? This update was released a few days ago and fixed issues like this. if you are, just go to the start menu, and search reset vlc media player preferences and cache, and then chose the VLC choice. You may have touched a certain setting by mistake

I fixed it somehow. Uninstalled Quicktime and some other junk I had on, ran Malwarebytes, and a full virus scan.

Glad you have fixed the issue! Quick time may have changed a setting, I also once lost audio because of a trojan, so I retarted and then bam a virus was detected and I couldnt boot up

I KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS ANNOYING PROBLEM.... ITS THE STUPID IAANT MON.EXE RAID MONITOR its taking a huge spike in performance every 30 second and causes audio and video glitchs. I have been working on this issue for like 6 months and finally got it. If you go to task manager and go to performane under CPU you can end the task in there and try your video if it works then do this to solve it right click on my computer click manager go to services and applications you should see something like intel matrix raid event monitor, right click that and then click disable, This will not hurt your computer this stupid optiion is for people that have RAID systems set up which a majoirty of us done so its usesless and super annoying!!! I hope this helps!!!!!

The above is a pretty isolated case. True, most on-board RAID arrays are software-based, which use the CPU, but these kind of random spikes aren't normal.

Back