Australian Fortnite player arrested after streaming alleged domestic abuse

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member
On the blotter: An Australian man was arrested Sunday night after he allegedly assaulted his girlfriend while he was streaming Fortnite on Twitch. The man's name has not been released, but he goes by the handle MrDeadMoth.

While playing Fortnite, MrDeadMoth's girlfriend began nagging to get off the computer. A verbal altercation ensued, and after a bit he got up from his chair without stopping the camera. Clips of the stream show the argument continuing offscreen. Then there is a loud slapping sound followed by the woman screaming and some children crying.

Two girls, ages three years and 20 months, were present in the house at the time, according to police.

“You f-ing woman basher!” his girlfriend can be heard saying. “Don't hit me in the face. Don't touch me in the face. You hear that all you people there, he just hit me in the face.”

MrDeadMoth then came back on screen again all the while cussing her out. He then left the camera in a rage once more to continue fighting with what sounded like more slaps and screaming. It was only when a young girl, whose name is apparently Annabel, calls out for “Daddy” that the man comes back and stops the stream.

MrDeadMoth was not a prominent streamer and had very few followers, but despite that Twitch deactivated his account. Viewers were able to grab clips of the altercation and post them to Twitter and YouTube before the ban.

Those posts quickly went viral, and MrDeadMoth was soon arrested by Camden Police Area Command in South Wales, Australia. According to the official press release, authorities were called to the scene by a viewer. The man was taken to Narellan Police Station and booked for “common assault.”

MrDeadMoth was released on “conditional bail” and has to obey a restraining order as he awaits a court hearing on December 13.

“While the woman was not seriously injured, she was distressed and shaken by the incident,” said a police spokesperson.

Permalink to story.

For an extra layer of scummy-ness his wife is also pregnant, about 5 months gone I think.

The local media report him as being an engineer for Telstra (large Australian telco), but the media's use of "engineer" is often a little sloppy.

Domestic abuse is terrible.

Hey everyone, did you see what I said? Look how virtuous I am!

Murder is wrong too!

Hey, hey, look at me!

I watched the whole video and she went out of her way to escalate it.
She should also be charged with disturbing the peace. She clearly did not care about that fact that she was pregnant, in-fact she put her own unborn child at risk by not leaving on multiple occasions when she had the chance. Never ever go out with a female like that, she is trouble with a capital T.
That lady should not have access to children, she clearly went out of her way to escalate the situation, putting herself and her children at risk. What kind of mother escalates a situation that to her own kids at risk and experiencing that kind of behavior? She clearly does not care about her children, but guaranteed she will act like she is the victim. And guaranteed this sexist system will hold the male only fully accountable!

She should also be charged with disturbing the peace. She clearly did not care about that fact that she was pregnant, in-fact she put her own unborn child at risk by not leaving on multiple occasions when she had the chance. Never ever go out with a female like that, she is trouble with a capital T.
That lady should not have access to children, she clearly went out of her way to escalate the situation, putting herself and her children at risk. What kind of mother escalates a situation that to her own kids at risk and experiencing that kind of behavior? She clearly does not care about her children, but guaranteed she will act like she is the victim. And guaranteed this sexist system will hold the male only fully accountable!
We men are supposed to protect our wife and childeren. We guard our house and family. "Over our dead body somebody will harm my wife and/or kids" is our moto. Even though a story has 2 sides, never stop being the man you supposed to be. This get all twisted when the strongest person in the family turns against his own family. In all these games we play the hero, well let us be the hero at home too...

Yeah, why don't victims ever do more to avoid being aggressed? Shame on them! /s

At 00:04 you can see him do what looks like a defensive move to deflect something.

A youtube comment had this to add:

"Meanwhile the video doesn't show how she antagonized him the entire stream by throwing things at him."

Last edited:

In this very case, he is. Provocation is not illegal. However it is a mitigating factor (to go in favor of the guy).

For an extra layer of scummy-ness his wife is also pregnant, about 5 months gone I think.

The local media report him as being an engineer for Telstra (large Australian telco), but the media's use of "engineer" is often a little sloppy.

I recently learned that the title Engineer in the US is a very watered down title.
It's widely used by companies for advancing from a Jr. level job or to "promote" a Subject Matter Expert employee

Maybe it's the same in Austalia.I have a hard time believeing this person to have any academics in Engineering.

This just looks like typical white trash behavior, the only difference is now everyone gets to see it because that white trash streams their stupidity for all to see. And like all white trash abusive relationships the woman will forgive the man so they can do this all over again resulting in a terrible environment for the children to grow up in.

We men are supposed to protect our wife and childeren. We guard our house and family. "Over our dead body somebody will harm my wife and/or kids" is our moto. Even though a story has 2 sides, never stop being the man you supposed to be. This get all twisted when the strongest person in the family turns against his own family. In all these games we play the hero, well let us be the hero at home too...
We are supposed to protect our wife, kids and family that's exactly right. So you would think that his wife would respect that right, wrong, she clearly has no respect for her husband. She is not supposed to target him, aggravate him, and try and set him up. She looks like the type of female that looks for a fight with her husband, she doesn't even care that the kids are in the house and are watching and listening to it all. Those kids were terrified and she helped in a massive way to create that scene. She is not innocent in all of this, she caused this incident. She wants to take on as you put it "the strongest person in the family". Why on earth would she want to target "the strongest person in the family"? And aggravate him, and try and set him up, and risk being hit, and scare her children? Because she doesn't care! She was looking for a problem, she intentionally winds him up and then when she gets what she was looking for, she acts like a big drama queen and oooh she and the kids are the victims. The only victims here were those children. He shouldn't have hit her. But that's easier said than done at the time, when someone is doing what she was doing. Its easy to say he shouldn't have hit her, but what if I was antagonizing someone, and wouldn't stop - followed them and kept winding them up until they cracked. Is that ok, no it isn't - but I could easily do it. I bet she does it all the time, I don't think this was a one off incident.
If you keep poking a beehive, you are going to get stung. if you keep aggravating a dog, you are going to get bitten. What would we say to a person if they keep aggravating the bees or the dog? "Don't aggravate the bees or the dog or you going to get stung or bitten"! Well sorry but she got stung. She knew the risks. Just because he is a male, he has to put up with it? Sadly he didn't see that his own wife was walking him straight into an ambush. She new people were listening, she knew it was on video stream. What kind of wife goes out of her way to frame her own husband? Don't be fooled by this woman, she is one nasty piece of work, no doubt about it. If I was him, I wouldn't have hit her, only because the law will own you up and she it was not self defense, although I am older and wiser and have been with dipstick woman like that. I would simply leave her for good and let some other doosh bag have her problems. However, this guy is still young and will certainly learn from this. The problem with the world today is that hundreds of years ago, this wife would not have even considered testing her husband like that, because there was no laws and she would have gotten beat down quick smart. but because there are laws, now you have females that will take advantage of the laws.
So she is simply taking advantage of the system, its that simple. its the same with the Domestic Purposes Benefit (Solo Benefit) which she will probably go on now. So now the country will have to support her, the kids will end up without their father raising them full time or at all. Just another broken family to add to the millions world wide. The family unit is the ground roots of any country and in-turn our world, and when the system, laws and respect are created / crafted and manipulated in different ways that help break down the family unit. This is an example of what we see here. Sadly this is why the world around us has so many issues and is gradually crumbling around us.

We are supposed to protect our wife, kids and family that's exactly right. So you would think that his wife would respect that right, wrong, she clearly has no respect for her husband. She is not supposed to target him, aggravate him, and try and set him up. She looks like the type of female that looks for a fight with her husband, she doesn't even care that the kids are in the house and are watching and listening to it all. Those kids were terrified and she helped in a massive way to create that scene. She is not innocent in all of this, she caused this incident. She wants to take on as you put it "the strongest person in the family". Why on earth would she want to target "the strongest person in the family"? And aggravate him, and try and set him up, and risk being hit, and scare her children? Because she doesn't care! She was looking for a problem, she intentionally winds him up and then when she gets what she was looking for, she acts like a big drama queen and oooh she and the kids are the victims. The only victims here were those children. He shouldn't have hit her. But that's easier said than done at the time, when someone is doing what she was doing. Its easy to say he shouldn't have hit her, but what if I was antagonizing someone, and wouldn't stop - followed them and kept winding them up until they cracked. Is that ok, no it isn't - but I could easily do it. I bet she does it all the time, I don't think this was a one off incident.
If you keep poking a beehive, you are going to get stung. if you keep aggravating a dog, you are going to get bitten. What would we say to a person if they keep aggravating the bees or the dog? "Don't aggravate the bees or the dog or you going to get stung or bitten"! Well sorry but she got stung. She knew the risks. Just because he is a male, he has to put up with it? Sadly he didn't see that his own wife was walking him straight into an ambush. She new people were listening, she knew it was on video stream. What kind of wife goes out of her way to frame her own husband? Don't be fooled by this woman, she is one nasty piece of work, no doubt about it. If I was him, I wouldn't have hit her, only because the law will own you up and she it was not self defense, although I am older and wiser and have been with dipstick woman like that. I would simply leave her for good and let some other doosh bag have her problems. However, this guy is still young and will certainly learn from this. The problem with the world today is that hundreds of years ago, this wife would not have even considered testing her husband like that, because there was no laws and she would have gotten beat down quick smart. but because there are laws, now you have females that will take advantage of the laws.
So she is simply taking advantage of the system, its that simple. its the same with the Domestic Purposes Benefit (Solo Benefit) which she will probably go on now. So now the country will have to support her, the kids will end up without their father raising them full time or at all. Just another broken family to add to the millions world wide. The family unit is the ground roots of any country and in-turn our world, and when the system, laws and respect are created / crafted and manipulated in different ways that help break down the family unit. This is an example of what we see here. Sadly this is why the world around us has so many issues and is gradually crumbling around us.

That's stupid and in no way a reason for physical abuse, maybe in your mind it is correct to physically abuse someone weaker than you, even a pregnant women with your child, she is not taking advantage of anything in this case. She obviously wasn't an angel but here there's no reason for physical abuse, I mean he has 2 children and a pregnant wife and dedicate himself to stream Fortnite? obviously she has the right to be mad at him, besides we don't even know any details on their relationship. I don't know about you but I don't consider myself an animal without control like a bee or a dog, I have self-restrain and I'm not going to hit my wife just because she is annoying, that's weak.

You just lost a precious opportunity to not say bs.
He should be kicked in the ribs really hard for being such a *******.

Back