Average temp for a pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icantwinn

i have a dell dimension 3000 and i dont know what an average temp is for pc's but its running around 33C (91F) is that good or bad?

i have one fan blowing out with my side panel off and a little 4 inch desk fan i got from walmart blowing in on the side. my pc room stays around 72F or so no dust either i blow my pc out every couple of weeks

What temp is that case or CPU? If case then what's the CPU temp? Your CPU temp is fine under 65C while under load (gaming, someother heavy processing workout, i.e Prime95). At idle it should be around 30-35C with air cooling and standard room temp. 65C is getting hot and I wouldn't want mine to get any hotter then that, in fact that's the upper safe limit. You really want it no hotter then mid 50's. (under load)

the cpu temp when under load is 33C? damn, you either got some good air cooling or some water cooling! My cpu idles at about 35C and under load gets to about 50C

Yeah, I'd suspect that reading if you have air cooling, seems pretty low (good, too good to believe?) :stickout:

You have no problems then unless your reading is out by half (which I doubt your system of measurement can be that off).

Cheers.

yeah sorry it was to good to be true i forgot to refresh the little program thing i got that shows the temp when it under load it runs around 55C so is that bad? sorry for my ignorance and late response been busy lately

55C is still ok really. Obviously the lower the better, but I wouldn't worry until you see temps in the 60's underload. I have the Zelman 7000 something series and mine runs at 48-52C underload depending on ambient room of course. It's OK, but you're right keep the dust off/cleaned regularly.

thanks for the help fellas ill keep an eye on my temp to make sure it doesnt go to high

one other thing is it hard/possible to put a temp gage on my pc with it being a dell?

No "average" temp, but avoid extremes.

icantwinn said:
i have a dell dimension 3000 and i dont know what an average temp is for pc's but its running around 33C (91F) is that good or bad?
There is no such thing as an "average" temp (it depends on your CPU speed and equipment), but avoid extremes. A case temp of 33'C is very good, though any case temp below 40'C is more than decent.

It's CPU and GPU temps that matter most. The lower the case temp, the better your CPU and GPU heatsinks will perform, but at some point, low case temps will have only minimal effect.

icantwinn said:
i have one fan blowing out with my side panel off and a little 4 inch desk fan i got from walmart blowing in on the side. my pc room stays around 72F or so no dust either i blow my pc out every couple of weeks
I had almost the exact same setup for about a year. An old case that I had to manually drill holes in to add just one 80mm fan, plus I ran with the side off with a cheap 4" desk fan blowing on the MB. This kept things reasonably cool, but not as cool as it should be.

In fact, if you have your 4" fan blowing directly/indirectly on another fan, you can actually be HURTING your cooling performance, as the first fan drags on the blades of the second, preventing them from spinning at full speed!

A good case provides a number of functions. The first of course is noise reduction. But it also keeps the cool air "contained" close to your parts and improves airflow. And can shield you from any ambient low-level radiation given off by your equipment.

I moved my PC into a new case with room for SEVEN fans. I replaced the flat ribbon cables with round ones to improve airflow. The result, my case temperature dropped by a whopping 10'C and CPU temp fell by 5'C (give or take a degree). Sealed up tight, it is much quieter now too.

Excessive heat can lower the lifespan of your equipment. Always running the CPU at 50'C can cut its life in half, and high case temps affect everything else.

33'C is good, but doesn't tell the entire story. Put "a new case" on your Xmas list.

i dont have the fans blowing directly onto each other. the 4" desk fan i got blows on the mobo and sits kinda at an angle towards the front of the pc, and the other fan is on the back of the pc blowing out. and no need for the new case ive recently decided to just build another machine for gaming and just use this one for other misc. stuff. i was just gonna upgrade this one but i figure it'll cost more in the long run. now all i gotta do is firgure what stuff i want for my new machine.

you can always water cool :D

i built my own 1/2" 160GPH water cooling setup for under $60, you can buy smaller setups pre-built for around $100

you can expect about a 10°C ~ 20°C drop in temps when you switch from air to water... so if you're running in the 30°C range now, water cooling will bring you down into the 20°C range :giddy:

besides them obvious temp advatages, your case will be alot quieter (because you dont need as many fans, and the ones you have can be turned down)

Well mine according to my case is a CPU of 32°C average idle, 36°C under excessive load, my system temp inside the case is 23°C average and the HDDs are averaging 27-30°C

Firehose in your PC?

KingCody said:
i built my own 1/2" 160GPH water cooling setup for under $60,
160 GALLONS per hour??? Yikes? What are using to push that much water, your garden hose from outside? :)

Did you find a list of all the parts you'd need to DIY or did you just know?

IronDuke said:
You could try SpeedFan, but as it's a Dell.:(

well i tried that yesterday but it tells me exactly what everest tells me, theres only one sensor on this peice of junk, so i guess im SOL on knowing my other temps. ive also changed my mind agian im just gonna upgrade some things on this one (im changing my mind more than women change there underwear :giddy: ). i thought about everything and with my budget i think it might be easier this way seeing how it would take me a few months to save all the money to be able to build the machine i want. this way i can have a decent machine for now and just save later to build my dream machine.

o yeah i forgot i just bought this graphics card http://www.chumbo.com/Info.aspx?id=304966 (PCI is my only option i have no PCI-E or APG slots dell doesnt use them i guess) i was told that card is the best PCI card avalible right now and i was wondering how do i tell how many watts my power supply is so i can find out if i need to upgrade it now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back