Avoid iTunes Bloat With the Windows Store Version

Hmm; when in Rome, do as the Romans do - - eg: run Apple software from Apple Store and Android software from the Google Store. This way, you avoid possible hacks and malware. I take this very seriously, as iTunes is a major means to control your Apple-Id.

Similarly, IMO, never run downloads from Cnet which are available from OTHER authenticated sources - - I've always found PUP and Malware associated with them.

It's OK to have multiple choices - - as long as the consequences are understood.

All the so called "bloatware" in the article are useful and the iCloud service can even be necessary - - so where else would you go to get a copy?

Evidently the link I clicked on took me to the MS store cause it downloaded & installed it in one shot. I Couldn’t find it in programs & features or revo.

ITUNES.JPG Correct. Clarification. In order to install the itunes from HTG it had to uninstall the other one from apple. So now I can't find the one from htg in programs & features & I can't reinstall itunes from apple until I do.

For starters, make sure it's not running, the run taskmgr, view all user tasks and kill anything showing (iTunesHelper?)

Then try the uninstall again

Back