Bad directsound drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karishma

please.... anyone help me.... lst nite my comp was alrite bt nw as i open winamp it says... BAD DIRCTSOUND DRIVERS. PLEASE INSTALL PROPER DRIVERS OR SELECT ANOTHER DEVICE IN CONFIGURATION. ERROR CODE : 88780078... wat shud i do... i need d sound as fast as possible.... i hv 2 go fr a skul competition n i hv 2 lstn my songs...

hi Karishma

Start Winamp > Press Ctrl+P (Preferences) > Double Click "DirectSound Output" > Driver Tab ... Ensure that the device in the drop down list correctly reflects your sound card.

Or

Click Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices icon > Audio Tab ... under "Sound Playback" make sure your "Default Device" correctly reflects your sound card.

Reboot your machine and you should have sound :).

If the above does not work, you can try re-installing your sound card drivers from the manufacturer website or from your MotherBoard CD. If you need help in finding your drivers, please let us know your system specifications (especially what sound card you have installed) .... To find out more about your system, you can type "dxdiag" in Start > Run.

Let me know if this works or if you need any further help.

Spyder_1386 :)

heeyyy.. thnx fr replyin bt.. ds dosent seem to wrk... n d main problem is dat i don really no mch bout my comp everythin is installd by my bro... so he hs d knowledge bout d systm.. i really don no wat ds sound drivers mean or wat sort of info shud i gv u so dat u help me out... :-(

Click Start ... then Click Run .... in the box that comes up type "dxdiag" without the quotation marks ("") .... press "no" on the screen that pops up (if nothing pops up with a yes/no, don't worry) ....

On the Direct X diagnostic Tool that shows up .... press the Sound tab at the top. On this screen, you should see a heading saying "Device" .... tell me what it says under this section (Name and DeviceID most specifically) ....

Also, under the Driver section next to the Device section, is anything typed there?

bt nw nt 2 wry... i gt my problm chkd by a frnd... he says dat d sound crd needs 2 b chngd... so he'll bring a new 1 fr me n chng it... so mst probably it'll b done by 2moro mrning...
nywaz.... thankssssssssssssssss a loooooooooootttttttttttttttttt.................. :)

Ok, and it's a pleasure! Thanks for letting us know .... it does seem like hardware failure .... could have been a power surge or shortage or the card has just decided to quit. Keep us posted when the new card is put in.

If you click on "Post Reply" at the bottom of each post, instead of using "Post Quick Reply", you should see a smiley icon on the menu screen above the text screen. It has a drop down box so just choose whichever smiley you'd like to use :cool: :haha: :D :grinthumb ;) .... and so forth! .... Enjoy

NB: You may only use 6 images per post.

hey...spyder...
the sound is bak widout chnging d card...
2day wen i came from my skul n switchd on d comp d sound ws alrite... so nw dere's no problem..

Hey Karishma, glad to know that your sound is working now. By chance, did you live in Trinidad & Tobago (in the Caribbean) before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back