Bad Image Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks windows. Every time I run a program i get a message window stating "The application or DLL C:/windows/system32/zisivizo.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." Anyway, i don't know why everything seems to have a connection to a file that isn't there, I've looked. It also seems that no one else has heard of it before because my web searches come back empty handed. Any kind of help would be useful.

That sound suspiciously viral. I had a similar virus on a PC a while back that layered itself into application executions. Every time an app launched it launched the virus which in turn downloaded several more. A scanner would remove the virus but leave the commands that used to execute it causing every single program to fail to launch.

I personally had to do a full format to remove it, not only the C:\ but EVERY drive connected to the PC was infected.

If memory serves me correctly it is a randomly named dll file (so you wont find anything on net searches as everyone's is different). I also vaguely remember the virus created some tell-tale files

C:\autoexe.inf
C:\Resycled\

These are hidden files and would need to be showed by:

Opening up Explorer, Clicking Tools > Folder Options > View tab > Show hidden files & folders

You may also need to decheck the box saying "Hide protected Operating System files"

Yes exactly RESYCLED doesnt exist, its a folder created by the virus meant to confuse people into thinking it is RECYCLED..

It is also always resycled if it is the same virus, its the DLL file that has a random name.

I know because unfortunately i infected 3 other PC's with the virus before i noticed it XD

Dont tell anyone :)

No

As per your own words "randomly named" in other words, there are too many possibilities !

The 8-Step removal guide would therefore be the first step (and only first step)

Of course if it's the exact same virus (or malware) which I would have to say: extremely unlikely.

Now Neonic, it's ok to support, but you must provide correct information for users, otherwise you may effect their entire computer.

In this case (stated 3 times now) The member needs to do the 8-step removal guide
And nothing else, no deleting of files or showing hidden files or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back