Bad streaming video quality

I have a new computer and when I go on youtube to watch a video, the video quality is bad.

The resolution for everything else is good. When I played Mafia 2, the video quality was pretty good, and when I'm web surfing, the text and colours all look normal.

However, as soon as I watch a video, the quality is really bad.

Here are some of my computer specs:

Windows 7, Professional 64-bit
Asus M4A78T-E motherboard
AMD Athlon II X4 630 Processor, 2.8 Ghz, 4 cores
8 GB
1 TB Hard Drive
HIS Radeo HD 5770 video card

I have the latest drivers. I downloaded Ati Catalyst and did all the adjustments I could. It didn't improve anything. Screen resolution is already at recommended settings and I tried some of the programs available on Windows to adjust colors and everything.

I also tried downgrading adobe flash from the latest version down to 9. It didn't really do anything but I might try it again.

Maybe it's a codec thing.

It doesn't make any sense to me because in terms of graphics, everything is fine except for when I go on youtube to watch a video.

Any help or advice would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Dan

If everything else is okay but youtube is not, is it possible it's just the youtube videos that have bad resolution? Their quality can be pretty bad.

As Mailpup says, most videos on youtube aren't great quality, but more and more nowadays are having higher resolution settings 720p 1080p etc, so try enabling these high resolutions on videos that have that option and see if their quality is ok on your computer.

Back