bad_pool_header error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I am experiencing a problem with my computer, when i try to load windows it seems to flicker a blue screen quickly then restarts.

I tried to use recovery console by windows and do all these commands to rebuild boot.ini and copy ntldr directory and it gave me the blue screen still showing a bad_pool_header error.

I did some research explaining that this is due to packet loss or something having to do with microsofts indexing service. The solution to turn it off through msconfig etc.

Thing is I cant seem to do that cause I cant load windows in any mode being normal/safe mode/last best know configuration mode.

I also read that this has to do with netgear wireless cards causing problems and if they are in the computer remove them, i have not got one of these in anymore.

I would like to be able to some how disable the microsoft indexing service through the recovery console, i have tried the "disable cisvc" command but with no success either.

Ive also tested my ram to see if that was at fault, it seems fine.
I have also tried using the xp disc to repair the os.

If anyone knows how to disable it or knows any way so that I can at least fix this error i would appreciate a reply.

thank you for your time.

-dimi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back