Battlefield 2 doesn't support a higher graphics card need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesterday I got battlefield 2 and installed it. It was working fine until I got to the start menu. Then this thing popped up and said my graphics card was going to reset its resolution and needed to restart the computer. So I said yes then restarted the game and got back to the menu but it did the same thing so I went online and looked up the requirements for a BF2 graphics card. It said it could take ATI radeon 8600. So I'm thinking wait I have ATI 9250 and thats higher soooooooooooo. I NEED HELP PLEASE.

Go to BF2 website and make sure you have the latest patch installed for that stupid game. By stupid I mean "nothing but technical problems for everyone that buys it". Your 9250 is supported. Make sure you have the latest drivers for the 9250 from the ATI website and the latest mobo chipset drivers. Also you'll need Direct 9.0c installed (prob on the installation disk).

Good luck

i dont think BF2 supports the 9250, do you have pci or agp
even if you get the game to work it wont be to fun because it will be laggy

I tried to replay yesterday at work but on send the web page stopped responding so didn't have time to repeat.

All I was going to suggest is uninstall and reinstall BF2.
Have you had any luck with it yet, any update?

I uninstalled it then I re-installed it but it still didn't work. I think I am just going to buy a graphics card. However, thank you very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back