Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Battlefield 2 run on windows 2000?

ECS Motherboard / AMD Sempron 2400+
512 Ram
40Gig Hard Drive
GeForce 5700Ve AGP

Yes, it will work...

They just didn't bother to test it on Win2k, so they made the req. XP...
(Not that the game was as bug-free as it should've been, but that's another matter)

BF2 on Win2K

I updated all of my drivers for motherboard and video card.

Install went fine once I start game it goes to black screen and then back to desktop.

I set the resolution at 800 X 600 with 60 refresh rate.
any Ideas of what else I should try.

What is the issue with my computer specs according to BF2 it meets all of the minimum requirements. I am looking at building a new computer should I buy a P4 and not a AMD? Could someone suggest a good motherboard that is resonable in price? What about GeForce FX 5700VE 256 DDR video card will that work or do I need to buy a better card.

Thank you for all of your input

well the full black screen then back to desktop thing that hapens when u dont have the right requirements, i know cause the same thing hapened to me the first time and if u go to the BF2's site in the FAQ it says what the problem is but i dont think it said alot on how to fix it...

HELLO! =D

It happened to my dad with P4 1.8 with ASUSP4P800, 1.0g ram and GeForce FX5700 LE (256m ram ddr) it wouldnt run on his computer at all

It worked on mine beautifully! DO NOT USE NVIDIA FORCEWARE INCLUDED WITH BATTLEFIELD 2! (BUGS!)

I used P4 2.66 with ECS 848P-A, 512 RAM PC3200, 128m FORSA GFX5200 AGP and i ran it in medium setting with maximum view setting.

Can you try Forceware from my signature, I still used 56.72.

Lucan

(P.S. fresh install then go straight to video setting in battlefield 2 or change your vid setting then run battlefield 2)

(p.s. your cpu spec is too low, BF2 expect p4 ( i think maybe Celeron), or amd64/ Amd Athlon (faster than 1.75ghz))

Bumbee said:
What is the issue with my computer specs according to BF2 it meets all of the minimum requirements. I am looking at building a new computer should I buy a P4 and not a AMD? Could someone suggest a good motherboard that is resonable in price? What about GeForce FX 5700VE 256 DDR video card will that work or do I need to buy a better card.

Thank you for all of your input

It doesnt matter, both are compabile for 64 bit os, look for AMD64 and P4 HT/EE, Pentium Extreme

Lucan

i'll say what core components i reccomend to play BF2, farcry, HL2, and other modern games:

-a64 (90nm process, NOT NEWCASTLE) 3000+ or higher
-1 GB DDR400, dual channel
-name brand (asus, gigabyte, msi) motherboard (i reccomend the ASUS A8E or any variant thereof), your board should be based on the nforce4 chipset.
-a graphics card that is based on the nvidia 6600gt gpu or better, 128mb memory is fine. before you buy, check out the component clock speeds and compare them to the nvidia reference specs, the card should be at least as fast. i reccomend the MSI NX6600GT card, available for both PCI-E and AGP interfaces.
-a quality name brand power supply (from antec, thermaltake, enermax for example) with a watt rating of 480w or better.

the problems with your current setup are the cpu, ram, graphics card, and motherboard, so this major upgrade would give you the abilities to play pretty much any game currently in existence, and will provide some options for the future as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back