Battlefield 4 Debuted This Week, Here's the Review

Julio Franco

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/735-battlefield-4-review/]https://www.techspot.com/review/735-battlefield-4-review/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Wow my experience with BF4 could not have been any different from Kotaku's I loved the single player, I have only played four missions so far but they complained about those missions, thought they were great.

Why is everyone giving them 8.0 and 8.5? I am very pleased with my experience with bf4 so far. This is definitely not a rehashed console port. Worth the 60 dollars on PC and New gen console if you ask me.

WOW, I have a 1440p monitor this thing gives me a huge hit with the 680ti.

I really want to play some more now to try and work out what I missed. If I were ever going to give a game a 10 out of 10, Battlefield 4 would be at the top of my list. Maybe I was just overwhelmed by the amazing graphics ;)

Meh, The core gameplay and everything is pretty good, but I am having terrible issues with Sound more than anything, things just stop making sound? the tank next to me, my own footsteps and sometimes absolutely everything just flickers in and out continuously, I asked everyone else who was on the server with me and out of the 12 players playing, 6 of them said they have the same issue!

With some more patches, this is going to be a truly great game though!

I was overwhelmed by the graphic just watching the trailers, and I don't care for first person shooters.

Believe me when I say they don’t come close to doing the game justice either. I had watched a few before I started playing and I was impressed as well. Then I played first hand and had to keep picking up my jaw.

Why is everyone giving them 8.0 and 8.5? I am very pleased with my experience with bf4 so far. This is definitely not a rehashed console port. Worth the 60 dollars on PC and New gen console if you ask me.

There's no game that worth 50€

Especially BF without Single Player and a slightly tweaked Mutliplayer since BF3.

There's no game that worth 50€

Especially BF without Single Player and a slightly tweaked Mutliplayer since BF3.

Based on what? In my opinion SC2 was well worth the $60 or so that I spent on it 3 years ago. I still play it to this day weekly so its cost me less than 40c per week so far, pretty amazing value I reckon. Few things that entertaining work out to be so cheap, maybe I am looking at it all wrong though.

"You?ll see all the same modes you?re used to, plus a few fantastic new ones" - Did I miss something? I didn't seen gunmaster or scavenger modes?

"You?ll see all the same modes you?re used to, plus a few fantastic new ones" - Did I miss something? I didn't seen gunmaster or scavenger modes?

I was thinking the same thing, I felt Gunmaster was not the best game mode to be fair but it was a blast at times, I even won it once xD Scavenger I thought was really clever and completely changed the way people played it. I hope they make a come back, If I was to place a bet when, it will be when they release DLC that is similar to close quarters.

I was thinking the same thing, I felt Gunmaster was not the best game mode to be fair but it was a blast at times, I even won it once xD Scavenger I thought was really clever and completely changed the way people played it. I hope they make a come back, If I was to place a bet when, it will be when they release DLC that is similar to close quarters.

It was nice to take a break from conquest an do some fun game modes like gunmaster and scavenger.

The game so far is really buggy on AMD systems, hopefully there's a patch soon.
Which kind of AMD systems? CPU? GPU? System specs? have you updated your drivers as requested by game developer? which kind of bugs? link to the bug report? can't rely on this kind of claims with no further explanations...

Based on what? In my opinion SC2 was well worth the $60 or so that I spent on it 3 years ago. I still play it to this day weekly so its cost me less than 40c per week so far, pretty amazing value I reckon. Few things that entertaining work out to be so cheap, maybe I am looking at it all wrong though.
Well to some 60$ isn't much for a game but for others it's not; depends on how much you make. To a billionaire a hundred grand is chump change.

The only issue I have had so far seems to be the browser plugin. I swear I treid reinstalling it like 8 times to no avail, I switched to google Chrome and all the sudden I was loading BF4 (Was using IE since it defaulted to it).

The game is pretty slick and beautiful, I have not really tried single player yet, but I love the multiplayer on that sea map (I just forgot the name) and I love the whole feel compared to even BF3.

Meh, The core gameplay and everything is pretty good, but I am having terrible issues with Sound more than anything, things just stop making sound? the tank next to me, my own footsteps and sometimes absolutely everything just flickers in and out continuously, I asked everyone else who was on the server with me and out of the 12 players playing, 6 of them said they have the same issue!

With some more patches, this is going to be a truly great game though!

Agreed, but what sound problems are you facing? I have not heard any issues yet (Pun intended lol). Your right on the game modes, where are they EA, I WANT THOSE BACK! I miss gunmaster just because it was fun to see some of the custom ones.

Agreed, but what sound problems are you facing? I have not heard any issues yet (Pun intended lol). Your right on the game modes, where are they EA, I WANT THOSE BACK! I miss gunmaster just because it was fun to see some of the custom ones.

Lol, Well things just drop out? like your running along and a tank is next you, then every couple of seconds the sound just stops for the tank tracks? then moments later comes back for a bit? all other sounds are unaffected and it's not just tanks, it's everything, sometimes everything will go silent at once and that really is off putting! I'm going to update my Sound drivers (If there even is any) and see if that helps :/

Wow my experience with BF4 could not have been any different from Kotaku's I loved the single player, I have only played four missions so far but they complained about those missions, thought they were great.
I havent played it yet, but I will just for the guns you get.

I feel like this review is harsh. Yes the crashes are annoying, but for the most, the game is good. There are a lot of small bugs that should be squashed/

What's a 680ti?

I'd like to give it a try but I'm chicken. If the campaign is as crappy as per the review, I'll skip it because multiplayer sure doesn't interest me. Time to look up more reviews about the campaign.

The only issue I have had so far seems to be the browser plugin. I swear I treid reinstalling it like 8 times to no avail, I switched to google Chrome and all the sudden I was loading BF4 (Was using IE since it defaulted to it).

The game is pretty slick and beautiful, I have not really tried single player yet, but I love the multiplayer on that sea map (I just forgot the name) and I love the whole feel compared to even BF3.

I thought I read in one of their earlier press releases that BF4 will include all the game modes BF3 had including all those from DLC which would include gunmaster and scavenger.

Back