Behind the Glass: In Win 805 Case Review

Steve

Staff member

A couple years ago In Win amazed us with the D-Frame, an open air chassis that seemed impractical not least because of its $400 price tag, and more recently we found ourselves in awe of the company's very expensive Tòu, an $800 chassis dressed from head to toe in tempered glass.

In Win found a nice middle ground with its 904 Plus and 901 series which share the company's passion for tempered glass but in a more traditional chassis. Aimed somewhere below those models, In Win's 805 is another glass-clad mid-tower -- in fact, there is even more glass on the 805 than there is on the 904 Plus and yet it is said to be even more affordable. Later this month the 805 is expected to go on sale for just $200, making it 20% cheaper than the 904 Plus.

At a quick glance the 805 appears to be a better equipped case as well, offering slightly more storage options, as well as much better cooling out of the box, better connectivity thanks to Type-C USB and more room for CPU coolers.

Read the complete review.

Ya I don't mind the design but cooling performance matters more to me than what the case looks like so stock = fail for me!

This is one of the Ugliest Case I ever seen!!!!!!!! What a stu*id design?

Interesting, so what kind of designs do you like? I get that case design is subjective but I couldn’t imagine a mind where this thing was perceived as ugly.

"...there isn't really a need as the aluminum is very smooth with no chance of cutting cables."

I laughed so hard when I read this. Um, rubber grommets aren't desired to keep from cutting your cables. They are desired so you don't see the mess... ESPECIALLY with a full glass side panels on both sides. LMAO!

The temps with one GPU was pretty freaking high compared to the other cases tested, but a selling point is that this case can fit FOUR?! lol. The thing doesn't have a single fan mount on top. Hey, it's cool that you like the look of the case, but the function of it is garbage. So are the 3.5" storage options, and you gave it a score of 85? smh.....

Last edited:
"...there isn't really a need as the aluminum is very smooth with no chance of cutting cables."

I laughed so hard when I read this. Um, rubber grommets aren't desired to keep from cutting your cables. They are desired so you don't see the mess... ESPECIALLY with a full glass side panels on both sides. LMAO!

The temps with one GPU was pretty freaking high compared to the other cases tested, but a selling point is that this case can fit FOUR?! lol. The thing doesn't have a single fan mount on top. Hey, it's cool that you like the look of the case, but the function of it is garbage. So are the 3.5" storage options, and you gave it a score of 85? smh.....

I don't understand why you would want rubber grommets to hide cable mess in the 805 as both sides feature transparent glass :S

One of the purposes, if not the primary purpose of Rubber Grommets initially was to protect cables when users pulled them though the case. I am not sure what other purpose they serve in those water-cooling holes.

With the front mounted fans installed the GPU temperature was acceptable. I am not sure many users would be looking at installing four GPUs in such a small and affordable case, though we did talk about those limitations in the conclusion.

The function of the case clearly isn't garbage and for someone looking for an affordable yet showy case the 805 is ideal.

I don't understand why you would want rubber grommets to hide cable mess in the 805 as both sides feature transparent glass :S

One of the purposes, if not the primary purpose of Rubber Grommets initially was to protect cables when users pulled them though the case. I am not sure what other purpose they serve in those water-cooling holes.

With the front mounted fans installed the GPU temperature was acceptable. I am not sure many users would be looking at installing four GPUs in such a small and affordable case, though we did talk about those limitations in the conclusion.

The function of the case clearly isn't garbage and for someone looking for an affordable yet showy case the 805 is ideal.

I strongly disagree with everything you said.

Great review! I'm debating whether to get this case or Define S. I really love the look of 805 but the thermal thing kinda worries me..... it seems the front panel of the case is sealed so the only cool air is coming from bottom of the case? in that case, if I mount a 240mm radiator on front panel, could the radiator get sufficient cool air from bottom? Should I consider to install fans at bottom to get more air in? I'm kinda confused with the air configuration of this case. If anyone knows more about air flow of this case, please advise =) Thanks!

Great review! I'm debating whether to get this case or Define S. I really love the look of 805 but the thermal thing kinda worries me..... it seems the front panel of the case is sealed so the only cool air is coming from bottom of the case? in that case, if I mount a 240mm radiator on front panel, could the radiator get sufficient cool air from bottom? Should I consider to install fans at bottom to get more air in? I'm kinda confused with the air configuration of this case. If anyone knows more about air flow of this case, please advise =) Thanks!

I am now using this case for a gaming system build and there is a 240mm radiator in the front, it seems to work very well. Inside there is a Core i7-5930K and dual R9 390X Crossfire cards and temperatures remain in check. The big draw for the 805 it is looks, this really is a great looking case. I can't imagine you would be disappointed.

I am now using this case for a gaming system build and there is a 240mm radiator in the front, it seems to work very well. Inside there is a Core i7-5930K and dual R9 390X Crossfire cards and temperatures remain in check. The big draw for the 805 it is looks, this really is a great looking case. I can't imagine you would be disappointed.

Comment is a little late but just in case you still read this.. Building my first PC soon and really like the look of this case. I'm guessing a NZXT X61 (280mm) liquid cooler would do a fine job cooling a i5 6600k with a GTX970 sitting below then?

Back